Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Hilton Honors Most aspirational Hilton resorts?

• slidey 287 posts

Other than bora bora, koh samui and the two maldives hotels, are there any other aspirational Hiltons resorts that are on the beach/on islands/not city based that would be considered good pts redemptions for a 5 nt stay?

Kinda checking incase theres some random conrad on a remote island somewhere I dont know of 🙂

Peter K 553 posts

Hilton Bimini in the Bahamas?

NorthernLass 7,590 posts

I’m hoping to book the Bimini property for December 2023, because OH’s bucket list includes diving with sharks there. The reviews are very mixed though, and it definitely doesn’t sound “aspirational”! It looks like a decent 5 for 4 redemption but nothing special, tbh. From what I’ve gathered, a lot of Americans use Bimini for partying/weekend breaks as it’s only 50 miles from Florida, so it’s not really a remote island paradise, lol.

The Baker’s Cay Curio on Key Largo looks much nicer, but has prices to match! Also not remote though. I think there are a couple on the Mayan Riviera which are self-contained resorts and quite far from other properties (and some are AI which would make them great redemption value).

HJ 37 posts

Quite a few luxury resorts popping up across the Middle East if that’s your thing. Aside from the usual WA’s in the UAE I noticed reasonably good points value for island resorts and desert retreats across Qatar and KSA – obviously all artificial though so might not be to everyones taste.

meta 1,441 posts

On top of my head of those not mentioned yet:

Mango House Seychelles LXR (Hilton Labriz too, but not too luxurious in my view neither is Northolme)
    Zeami Beach Anguilla LXR
    WA property in Hawaii
    Also new Curio is opening up soon on Phu Quoc, Vietnam
    Conrad Bali

squawk7700 83 posts

Any tips on when to logon to Hhonors to secure a redemption? Are rooms normally loaded 365 days ahead? Can never seem to get the lowest rate rooms on points in the Seychelles even when looking a year ahead, whereas Conrad Maldives it’s relatively easy.

dan_a_man 17 posts

When redemptions come live depends on the hotel, but if you search for the hotel with flexible dates, you can get a taste for how long that may be for a specific property. Just go to the end where no more redemption rates are shown.

Any tips on when to logon to Hhonors to secure a redemption? Are rooms normally loaded 365 days ahead? Can never seem to get the lowest rate rooms on points in the Seychelles even when looking a year ahead, whereas Conrad Maldives it’s relatively easy.

Froggee 897 posts

I’d add Hilton Moorea into the mix. It’s easier to get to than Bora Bora in that it’s a short ferry ride from Tahiti. I’ve stayed there twice, both times skipping Bora Bora as we just didn’t fancy another plane. (Both times we were going to Australia and we’re on a schedule because of limited time off)

And it’s a decade since I’ve been but it’s definitely worth looking into, particularly given it’s much cheaper than Bora Bora but you get a similar, water/greenery outlook.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.