Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

• FatherOfFour 281 posts

Email from BA- new offer until Midnight on 27/6.
    Avios to reduce cash bookings counting double- eg 250 avios to save £5. or 10500 Avios to save £210. Only in WT and WT+ Cabins. Might be something here for someone…

G 32 posts

This has been watered down from last year. Not much speculative value left in it unless you were booking something already

Amy C 372 posts

Yes, I was wondering to myself whether it was something to get excited over or not but I decided it’s not. Nothing can beat last years similar offer.

davedent 45 posts

Doesn’t seem to work for Cairo – any ideas why ?

Amy C 372 posts

Funnily enough that’s also where I was considering using it!

roger 232 posts

BA’s definition of LH.

FFoxSake 217 posts

This has been watered down from last year. Not much speculative value left in it unless you were booking something already

2p per Avios. Not too shabby.

anewkillerstar 3 posts

I’m not sure I understand why some here think this isn’t a good offer? I’m admittedly a newbie to maximising the value of Avios, but surely quadrupling its value is a good offer? 42000 Avios for £840 off the ticket price?

BJ 657 posts

Many are avios-rich at the moment so it’s always something. Reducing cash price and then UUA during, particularly on peak dates, can be worth considering. Works best for those with more certain plans as any changes are subject to fare rules fees plus £35 BAEC fees plus difference in fare. Avios and TP still earned on basis if initial reservation.

anewkillerstar 3 posts

I should add, I am looking at flights for my family of four, hence 42000 for £840 off.

elguiri 215 posts

The main reason it’s not as good as the previous offer is that it’s only valid for long haul economy and prem economy. If you are planning to buy tickets in these classes to a long haul destination, then the conversion rate is good.

davedent 45 posts

BA’s definition of LH.

so Tel Aviv is ?

roger 232 posts

Well I took advantage and booked travelling via INV.
    Some cheap fares to India from middle of August onwards….

Lawro 16 posts

BA’s definition of LH.

so Tel Aviv is ?

Yes

roger 232 posts

Assume if I upgarde using Avios – from PE to Club World, my Avios and Tier Point entitlemengt remain the same.
    Can someone please confirm?

AJA 1,070 posts

Assume if I upgarde using Avios – from PE to Club World, my Avios and Tier Point entitlemengt remain the same.

Yes you are only supposed to get the TP and Avios for the PE fare you upgrade from. However sometimes there is a bank error in your favour and you get the Club World Avios and TP. Has happened to me a couple of times 🙂

Andrew J 769 posts

And of course isn’t as useful as before as BWC has ended.

FatherOfFour 281 posts

What’s the end game for BA here? are they just trying to ensure that Avios are spent with them, rather than converted to Nectar? And since the flights are already busy, they can take cash AND reduce the liability rather than opening up full redemptions?

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    BJ 657 posts

Yes you are only supposed to get the TP and Avios for the PE fare you upgrade from. However sometimes there is a bank error in your favour and you get the Club World Avios and TP. Has happened to me a couple of times 🙂

Uonfortunately that bug has been fixeed for a long time already.

John 1,000 posts

It’s a good offer if you are certain you are going, the difference from last time is that you can’t turn book lots of flights and then combine them all into an e-voucher to use on something later on

Amy C 372 posts

It’s a good offer if you are certain you are going, the difference from last time is that you can’t turn book lots of flights and then combine them all into an e-voucher to use on something later on

This is exactly why I’m not excited. That and no CE.

roger 232 posts

This is exactly why I’m not excited. That and no CE.

I have booked PE and upgraded to CE & CW with modest sum & Avios – Compared to crazy prices even for Y, I am quite happy.

barracuda 31 posts

Also not working on booking flights to LCA – annoying!

Londonsteve 193 posts

If BA is willing to offer X amount off a Y seat using Avios, on which the margin is wafer thin to begin with, why not extend the favour to those wanting to spend big on an intra-European flight in J? Does it imply they are low on bookings in Economy cabins on long haul? Not wholly surprised if they are after all the recent bad press. One is inclined to be much more choosy about airline when flying 12 hours and price is usually less important than reliability.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.