Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express New £300 Platinum dining credit July 2022

• Candor 27 posts

@Candor – unfortunately they wouldn’t know in the restaurant as they didn’t cook the food onsite, although the packets they received should have been labelled with the ingredients. The concept of saving money by not employing chefs is great for the business, just a bit rubbish for the customer lured by the brand.

And rather worrying for anyone with allergies

Doug9x 10 posts

Yesterday asked to cancel via chat and offered to downgrade to free card – no incentive offered at all and CS was ready to progress with the closure. Have put c. £4k pcm through the card since holding.

Paul 136 posts

It seems that not only did I have a pretty dire night at The Ivy Asia in Mayfair on Saturday, but now I note it’s not on the Dining credit list! That’s going to smart, not only awful but paying for it too.

Would have sworn it was listed previously!

We live and learn!

Harrods 120 posts

Went to Som Saa then duck and waffle few days after but the latter has credited and former has not…

ML11 19 posts

I am looking for an Asian cuisine tasting menu experience in London. I think Hakkasan is a popular choice but I would appreciate other opinions and recommendations!

Michael C 670 posts

Everyone should pop into Gymkhana for their excellent
    lunchtime offer asap…just been awarded second star!

ML11 19 posts

By lunchtime offer you mean lunch menu or there is some special lunch deal right now?

Michael C 670 posts

By lunchtime offer you mean lunch menu or there is some special lunch deal right now?

Sorry, the sort of “set” lunch menu, which is decent value for money.

ML11 19 posts

Yes, this is what I thought. I looked at the lunch menu and then tasting menu and it seems the lunch one is a winner for that price. Thanks!

Any other recommendations, maybe for Chinese or Japanese food?

Michael C 670 posts

Yes, this is what I thought. I looked at the lunch menu and then tasting menu and it seems the lunch one is a winner for that price. Thanks!

Any other recommendations, maybe for Chinese or Japanese food?

As you mentioned earlier, Hakkasan is lovely (only been to the one behind
    Oxford St.) – the food was nice, the setting gorgeous, and again they have decent set menus.

JaneDoe 6 posts

Going to Bangkok and Singapore next month and would like to use the dining credit during the trip. Ideally somewhere where the £150 covers the most part of the bill. Any suggestions?

Hcubed 11 posts

Going to Bangkok and Singapore next month and would like to use the dining credit during the trip. Ideally somewhere where the £150 covers the most part of the bill. Any suggestions?

We personally loved Blue Elephant in Bangkok when we went for lunch last year. Our lunch was under £150 for 2 people (although no alcohol). I also bought some of their meal kits/curry pastes to bring home, which surprisingly also tracked for Amex credit.

Economist_Nearby 18 posts

Does anyone know if the Ivy Asia bills as the Ivy and generates the statement credit? Thanks.

Yes it does. Else pop into the Ivy, get a gift card, which will trigger the credit and use the gift card in Asia if you are worried at all. However i’ve done Ivy Asia in London and it did trigger.

No it does not. It bills as Ivy Asia. Some Ivy Asia restaurants are part of the scheme and others are not. If they are not part of the scheme you will not get the credit. Check the list on the Amex website.

Reney 770 posts

Does anyone know if the Ivy Asia bills as the Ivy and generates the statement credit? Thanks.

Yes it does. Else pop into the Ivy, get a gift card, which will trigger the credit and use the gift card in Asia if you are worried at all. However i’ve done Ivy Asia in London and it did trigger.

No it does not. It bills as Ivy Asia. Some Ivy Asia restaurants are part of the scheme and others are not. If they are not part of the scheme you will not get the credit. Check the list on the Amex website.

I brought a gift card at Ivy Asia St Paul (on the list), last Monday. Got the email right away but so far no credit.

Matt 323 posts

I am looking for an Asian cuisine tasting menu experience in London. I think Hakkasan is a popular choice but I would appreciate other opinions and recommendations!

We used a dining credit at Hakkasan (Hanway Place) last year and were very disappointed. We’ve had better food from standard Chinese restaurants. We would have been reasonably happy if we’d just paid the £60ish we paid after the cashback, but >£200 for the 2 of us was ridiculous for what it was.

The worst was the whole duck you’re shown that then turns into about a duck breast when it’s on your plate.

Would avoid even if you have £150 to spend.

Parky 7 posts

Ok so from above reports the jury is on holiday regarding a good Chinese food for a special birthday. Tell me experiences and options please … in London

phantomchickenz 318 posts

Just had our £150 credit post from a transaction exactly a month earlier. Was getting a bit worried!

byronlewis 41 posts

Pleased to report I ate at Man Wah in the Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong last night with £150 Credit showing already on my account and a lovely meal to boot!

sturgeon 193 posts

I’ve seen that the Ivy are offering an additional £20 voucher for any gift card purchased over £100. It’s on their website but not sure they’ll have the same if you pop into a restaurant to buy a gift card? And I doubt it’ll work with the platinum credit if you buy online.

https://gifts.ivycollection.com/vouchers/gift-vouchers/?utm_source=FB+IG&utm_medium=paid_social&utm_campaign=ICR_Gifting_Mother%27sDay_Q1FY24_FBIG_Conversions_ASC+Campaign&utm_content=120210916137090550&fbclid=IwAR06OUyDGNb0M22nOZGAQfeckXFyvR7_VRHv5Gmx4lFklwVzQApXmYxfr_c_aem_AYh69Ga-w4qTRpuAKf_2gMLCaAIvjQ-PNfioUADA6OZx0q0xp53XyFeOSTKA8swOuDhdWe7qUiDhdhKZyPFQsq7I

Anyone know?

sayling 50 posts

Just had our £150 credit post from a transaction exactly a month earlier. Was getting a bit worried!

Same, plus – despite what the chat agent explicitly stated – it stacked with the 10% cashback dining offer.

Double yum… possibly triple yum, even!

annabh 42 posts

I’ve seen that the Ivy are offering an additional £20 voucher for any gift card purchased over £100. It’s on their website but not sure they’ll have the same if you pop into a restaurant to buy a gift card? And I doubt it’ll work with the platinum credit if you buy online.

https://gifts.ivycollection.com/vouchers/gift-vouchers/?utm_source=FB+IG&utm_medium=paid_social&utm_campaign=ICR_Gifting_Mother%27sDay_Q1FY24_FBIG_Conversions_ASC+Campaign&utm_content=120210916137090550&fbclid=IwAR06OUyDGNb0M22nOZGAQfeckXFyvR7_VRHv5Gmx4lFklwVzQApXmYxfr_c_aem_AYh69Ga-w4qTRpuAKf_2gMLCaAIvjQ-PNfioUADA6OZx0q0xp53XyFeOSTKA8swOuDhdWe7qUiDhdhKZyPFQsq7I

Anyone know?

I emailed them to ask and they said offer was online only, I’ll maybe pop in early next week though to double check.

RG 61 posts

Has anyone dined in Montreal with the Amex Plat credit? Anything interesting that isn’t overtly posh?

Caps44 27 posts

I wonder if they will be extending this, as anyone joining this year will get just 1 meal in the UK, as the offer ends December 2024.

Candor 27 posts

Might be a stupid question, but does spending the £150 (and same for the Harvey Nics £50) count towards the spending targets or does it effectively become net £0 spend once the statement credit is applied back

Planning a large purchase split over Amex Plat and Barclaycard Avios Plus , not sure whether to pay an amount on Amex, so I get just over 10k total spend if it is a net £0 spend , or leave it just short knowing I’ll likely spend around £300 using the various benefits in the next few months

aq.1988 454 posts

Might be a stupid question, but does spending the £150 (and same for the Harvey Nics £50) count towards the spending targets or does it effectively become net £0 spend once the statement credit is applied back

Planning a large purchase split over Amex Plat and Barclaycard Avios Plus , not sure whether to pay an amount on Amex, so I get just over 10k total spend if it is a net £0 spend , or leave it just short knowing I’ll likely spend around £300 using the various benefits in the next few months

Yes, the spend counts.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.