Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Virgin Atlantic New VACC dispatch

• bennymoon 44 posts

Hi all,

Has anyone applied recently for the VACC? If so, how long did it take to arrive? The emails say 7-10 business days but personally I think this is pretty poor turn around for sending out a new/replacement card from any bank/credit card provider.

What have been your experiences of the time it takes to have a card sent out?

Froggee 896 posts

Someone asked in the chat thread a couple of weeks back and it was around the one week mark assuming you have a functioning postal service where you live.

Leigh 30 posts

Received card pin first within a week, then card 2 days later. Total about 7 working days, which is not bad.

bennymoon 44 posts

Thanks both, the card arrived today, so on the 5th business day for me.

chrishond 42 posts

I got new card today after 5 day wait.

I tried to add to the app. But app is still showing my old card, which I cancelled in 2020. I tried adding new one, which is recognised – but doesn’t then show in app after re sighting in.

Any ideas how to fix this?

bennymoon 44 posts

I tried to add to the app. But app is still showing my old card, which I cancelled in 2020. I tried adding new one, which is recognised – but doesn’t then show in app after re sighting in.

I deleted the app and reinstalled it and signed up from scratch as I had the exact same issue. I also created a new username so I’m not sure if my old one is somewhere in the system but creating my app login from scratch resolved my issue.

AFKAE 147 posts

Yes, tap on the image of the card and it then gives you the option to change account.

Annoying thing is each time you open the app it defaults to the old closed card!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.