Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Newbie “Using Plat in US” Qs re. car hire + insurance!

• Michael C 668 posts

Firstly, sorry for being the poster from hell!

-Do I need to print anything out to show the car hire excess insurance/the fact that I don’t need
    to purchase any from the car hire company?

-Can I enrol OH on the Avis prog.? (He’s my Plat. supp.)

-Do I need to print anything out for the medical insurance cover?

Apologies & thanks in advance!

aso40 54 posts

There is a master thread on the insurance which you may find helpful, but to answer

1. No, they are not likely to care, as long as they have a credit card they can charge for any damage. It is up to you to then claim from the insurance.

2. Yes (or rather, they do it themselves in the usual way as all Amex benefits)

3. Depends on what you want it for. For a country like the US, I probably would print the certificate (or at least have it saved digitally). There is an easy way to generate a tailored one in the Amex Insurance Center, where you type in a few details of your trip then it generates a page with the details of cover.

Michael C 668 posts

Thanks a million!

JellyFan 20 posts

-Do I need to print anything out for the medical insurance cover?

You don’t necessarily need to print it out, but at least generate the certificate with the dates you’re travelling and keep it as a PDF on your phone.

You can do it from the insurance section of your Amex account, only takes 2 minutes.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.