Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Other payment cards NS&I for BA Prepaid Mastercard

• Ash 621 posts

I am? : )
    I’m an old dog trying to learning a new trick, hoping a friendly HfP’er will throw me a bone

Yet you come on here begging for people to share valuable MS routes on a widely read public forum. I don’t think you’re as wise an old dog as you think, Ash!

Guess you are more of a cat person 🙂

Fyi buying premium bonds with a credit card is not MS.

Harrier25 852 posts

Using a rewards paying credit card to fund a savings account? Of course it’s MS.

Ash 621 posts
    stevenhp1987 331 posts

I am? : )
    I’m an old dog trying to learning a new trick, hoping a friendly HfP’er will throw me a bone

Yet you come on here begging for people to share valuable MS routes on a widely read public forum. I don’t think you’re as wise an old dog as you think, Ash!

Guess you are more of a cat person 🙂

Of course it is. That’s not open for discussion.

You’re not “buying” premium bonds… You’re topping up a savings account.

Rui N. 831 posts

Indeed. It’s MS because you are using a credit card where it is not directly allowed.

The Urbanite 118 posts

What makes it MS is intentionally withdrawing the deposit days after making it just to get rewards from the funding card.

Aston100 1,383 posts

What makes it MS is intentionally withdrawing the deposit days after making it just to get rewards from the funding card.

Isn’t that money cycling?

robkeane 78 posts

Mr I never talk about MS has suddenly turned into the MS equivalent of Alan “chatty man” Carr.

Rui N. 831 posts

Isn’t that money cycling?

Exactly. MS is getting the points where you wouldn’t get them otherwise. What you make with the money after it is irrelevant. And by this definition using Curve to pay a credit card would not even be MS, as you can’t withdraw anything.
    But some people like to feel superior and say they don’t do MS and make up these convoluted definitions.

duke 41 posts

Miscreants

Ash 621 posts

I stand corrected.

I’m not a NS&I user…i assumed Premium Bonds are Bonds! They aren’t, NS&I classify them as savings accounts.

I do like Flight Club Hahaha 🙂

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.