Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards NYC Mid Budget Reward Hotel

• BenM 42 posts

Hi!
    I have around 90k points and was looking for a good value but stylish hotel in central NYC. Does anyone have any recommendations please?

Thanks!

PJJ 29 posts

Perhaps you better say where the 90k points are

It would help

Tariq 79 posts

Since the message is in the IHG subforum, I’m going to guess IHG.

Travel Strong 254 posts

Stylish may be a stretch for 90k in NYC. When I wanted to stay on points I ultimately chose the Staybridge Suites nr times square to at least get a *slightly* reasonably sized room, fridge, breakfast, and basic gym. But it was nothing special.

NorthernLass 7,460 posts

IHG has crazy points and cash prices at the moment. What’s coming up on your dates? How many nights do you want? If you’re prepared to stay out of Manhattan and travel into the city for sightseeing etc you’re likely to get a much better deal.

davefl 1,216 posts

Stylish may be a stretch for 90k in NYC. When I wanted to stay on points I ultimately chose the Staybridge Suites nr times square to at least get a *slightly* reasonably sized room, fridge, breakfast, and basic gym. But it was nothing special.

Unfortunately that Staybridge is no more, there’s a Vocco on the street behind where it used to be, that’s probably the ‘stylish’ option.

BenM 42 posts

Yes it’s IHG! I’m also seeing not much come up for 90k in May next year. Would like everything to be walkable. Maybe I should have said I’m there for 3 nights. Possibly I could pay cash for one of the nights if I have to?

NorthernLass 7,460 posts

What dates in May? You can get big differences in pricing, e.g. week days/weekend and I think there’s an American holiday at the end of May which will push prices up.

NorthernLass 7,460 posts

May 1st to 3rd, you can get 2 nights at the Voco Times Square which might be alright and is certainly central, otherwise you’re looking at HI and HIE. Cash prices are pretty horrific. I’m not booking many IHG nights at the moment because they have totally lost the plot on pricing!

BenM 42 posts

Looking at 6-9 May next year. Thanks!
    Yes everything looking expensive!

NorthernLass 7,460 posts

If you can find another 25k or so points (or do a points plus cash booking), you can get 2 nights at the IC Times Square, which would be a much better option that HI/HIE/Voco. But personally I would give IHG a miss at the moment unless you really want to get rid of those points.

BenM 42 posts

Thanks very much!
    I also have 3 nights in Washington where I could spend the points but I guess reward prices are the same there too

BenM 42 posts

Can you please recommend a good cash value central hotel instead?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.