Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Virgin Flying Club Potential date change [will free up Orlando seats]

• Mikeact 232 posts

Early last September, I managed to book , two, one way Upper Class Virgin Reward seats back to the UK in July from Orlando using KLM miles. It was certainly an excellent deal long since gone. I knew we were taking a chance with the date but wanted to lock in just in case. Our plan was to drive down most of the East Coast. Its looking more likely that our date is going to have to be moved. As a Platinum for Life I will obviously call the Platinum line to see if there are other dates or departure origins as we really wanted to experience UC having heard so much about it, not being a Virgin flyer.
    I don’t really have a question, just a disappointing
    comment…not sure if the two seats will go back into award availability , but would be happy to advise the date when I cancel.

Guernsey Globetrotter 588 posts

Hi @Mikeact – what a shame for you. I hope you manage to re-organise as your east coast trip plan sounds great! Please do comment back here when you cancel the reward seats. I don’t need the seats but I am very interested as to whether they DO go back into reward availability as a data point. Virgin staff told me last week they couldn’t deal with a voucher application on my account as it meant cancelling my wife’s reward seat and re-processing it and they couldn’t guarantee the seat would re-appear since the IT changes that have been recently implemented 😣

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.