Potential date change [will free up Orlando seats]
16th May 2022 at 20:37Mikeact
Early last September, I managed to book , two, one way Upper Class Virgin Reward seats back to the UK in July from Orlando using KLM miles. It was certainly an excellent deal long since gone. I knew we were taking a chance with the date but wanted to lock in just in case. Our plan was to drive down most of the East Coast. Its looking more likely that our date is going to have to be moved. As a Platinum for Life I will obviously call the Platinum line to see if there are other dates or departure origins as we really wanted to experience UC having heard so much about it, not being a Virgin flyer.
I don’t really have a question, just a disappointing
comment…not sure if the two seats will go back into award availability , but would be happy to advise the date when I cancel.17th May 2022 at 12:21Guernsey Globetrotter
Hi @Mikeact – what a shame for you. I hope you manage to re-organise as your east coast trip plan sounds great! Please do comment back here when you cancel the reward seats. I don’t need the seats but I am very interested as to whether they DO go back into reward availability as a data point. Virgin staff told me last week they couldn’t deal with a voucher application on my account as it meant cancelling my wife’s reward seat and re-processing it and they couldn’t guarantee the seat would re-appear since the IT changes that have been recently implemented 😣
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Get 100,000 bonus Avios for getting the Barclaycard Avios Plus credit card and Premier Banking with Barclays Avios Rewards
Latest Forum Posts
- Alan TJ on Chat thread – Wednesday 30th November
- anuj on Best Star Alliance frequent flyer scheme for 16yo to start collecting miles
- robato on Earned Avios tracker in Barclaycard app
- goldengirl22 on Best way to spend 90k points getting to Australia, please?
- goldengirl22 on Does anyone have an Asia Miles account with 89k points or more that can help me?
- Tubbs on JFK T4 Virgin Check In Open Times.
- nectar collector on Best way to spend 90k points getting to Australia, please?
- NorthernLass on Cancelled flight. Reclaiming points for booked hotel
- VerdantBacon on Best way to spend 90k points getting to Australia, please?
- GE90 on Does anyone have an Asia Miles account with 89k points or more that can help me?
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.