Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Problems enrolling in to Marriott Bonvoy

• Professor Calculus 36 posts

Hello

Can anyone help .

I have an existing stand alone MB membership and I assumed that when I enroll on the AMEX platform I would use this existing MB account number (as I did with HH).

I have tried twice and the following message comes up in big flashing red lights

”Sorry, Marriott Bonvoy™ have been unable to process your enrolment request. This normally happens because there is already a member registered with the email provided or, if applicable, the existing Marriott Bonvoy™ membership number is incorrect. Please provide an alternative email address or your existing Marriott Bonvoy™ membership number and re-submit your request.”

I spoke to AMEX who suggested that I contact MB … any suggestions please or telephone numbers

Thanks

WaynedP 258 posts

Yes, I had this too when I had an existing MB acct, then signed up to Amex MB Ccard and received a new MB membership number as automatic part of the sign up process.

Results in a clash of two MB membership numbers with same email address.

I called MB UK customer svc line 0203 564 6335 and they sorted it by consolidating the account to the new (second) member number and discarding the first one.

Seamless ever since.

Professor Calculus 36 posts

Hi Wayne

Thanks .

Strange as I called MB yesterday and they had me enrolled in the Gold status but I don’t seem to have a second (Amex) mem.number will call them on Monday .

Thanks again

WaynedP 258 posts

You’re welcome – it may take 24 hrs or an overnight sweep to properly land in all their systems, so calling next week should do the trick.

If you haven’t already, I’d re-read the confirmation emails generated by your Amex MB signup process to identify the second auto generated membership number so that you have both membership numbers at hand for your conversation with MB customer service.

Not sure what hours they’ll be working given Monday’s unexpected status as a Bank Holiday.

At worst it may have to wait until Tuesday.

DJ 92 posts

@Professor Calculus, I am having the same problem, despite all the correct info I have entered on the Amex portal. Did you get it sorted via Marriott in the end?

Professor Calculus 36 posts

No not yest the concierge team or looking in to it

DJ 92 posts

@ProfessorCalculus thanks for the update. So far I’ve raised tickets with both Amex (via app) and Marriott.

Both said it will take 7-10 business days to get back to me.

It is strange because I don’t have a second account, and I also have a Marriott Amex credit card linked without problem.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.