Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Qatar flights showing on BA site but not on Qatar directly

• Molly 90 posts

Trying snag return flights back from AUS. Qatar flights show on BA 355 days out as normal but when looking at the Qatar site there are no flights available?

I was hoping to use the Qatar site as flights are often showing 362 days out so jumping in 5-7 days earlier than BA. Any known reasons why they don’t show as available?

travelmonkey 31 posts

I don’t know why it happens, but I’ve seen this too. I was watching the QR routes for some open B food in case I didn’t get the BA inbound flights I wanted. The dates I wanted were released for cash sales but no award availability released. Eventually a batch of 10 days worth of award flights were released all at once, but I could only see Flexi awards (double points) in economy being available (business speed as “occupied”) and only on one of the three routes. But when T-355 came around, BA had business class availability on that route so I grabbed it. Very confusing!

kaconym 26 posts

Qatar don’t seem to guarantee normal priced J award redemptions at busy/peak times of year for long routes, especially to Oz/NZ. Was looking to book LHR-DOH-AKL return for December-Jan 2024. Managed to booked outbound for 8th December, and there was availability on 9th, but from 10th onwards only double avios tickets were released, was the same to all Oz destinations as well. Normal price J awards didn’t start to appear again until booking opened for 10th Jan. Last week had to book return J award on BA from Sydney for early Jan.

This wasn’t the case before 2022, but for the last couple years at peak times this is very consistently what’s happening. Y redemptions seem unaffected. With Easter next year being 20th April I wouldn’t expect any normal priced J awards to be available for early April – Early May to Oz at least.

phantomchickenz 333 posts

Seems to be some other issues with redeeming on Qatar lately. @Molly Do you only get the calendar (month) view rather than the daily view?

NorthernLass 7,933 posts

@kaconym, QR don’t guarantee any pricing – there are a couple of threads on here where this is discussed. There seem to be long periods (e.g. over the school holidays), where only double avios pricing appears.

Molly 90 posts

On the Qatar app I only see cash bookings at 355days+, on the website I see the calendar avios view which looks like availability but you can’t book, on the BA website I see availability but only at 355 days as normal.

The flights seem to be available but only via the BA site?

Aston100 1,425 posts

And in case you decide to book through BA site, bear in mind that you’ll have issues if trying to make changes.
    Some people, including Rob seem to think it’s better to book through BA as you’ll get some kind of perceived flexibility or ease of cancellation etc
    This is not my experience at all.

zapato1060 696 posts

And in case you decide to book through BA site, bear in mind that you’ll have issues if trying to make changes.
    Some people, including Rob seem to think it’s better to book through BA as you’ll get some kind of perceived flexibility or ease of cancellation etc
    This is not my experience at all.

Yeah let alone the QR £20 Vs BA £35 cancellation fees.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.