Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Retired BA pilot reccomends First Class on A380 (follow up – routes?)

• Ash 621 posts

On a Xmas day flight, my partner found herself sat next to a charming retired BA pilot, 40+ years of flying for BA, very interesting conversation. One of the many interesting topics covered First Class, from the BA Fleet, he said if the best First Class experience is on the A380. Any experience from HfP’ers?

Pandemic jumbled up BA’s A380 routes. Does anyone know if they fly them to destinations other than the ones I found online?

Washington
    LA
    Dubai
    NYC

mark2 127 posts

I have flown in F on A380 (to/from Vancouver), 777 to/from Seattle and Boston and 747 back from Toronto.
    I have also flown in CW on 787 and 777, all using Avios and all pre Covid.
    I personally consider the A380 to be the best plane out of the three for noise and air quality.

Mirp 41 posts

BA flies an A380 to Miami.

I donor think BA flies an A380 to New York.

Mirp 41 posts

Above should say I don’t think BA flies an A380 to NYC.

Richie 990 posts

Fingers crossed their A380s get refitted, the older ones are showing their age a bit.

Birdy 20 posts

BA fly an A380 to Johannesburg. The last time I flew in F was Jan this year and it was excellent.

mark2 127 posts

Of course all equipment allocations are subject to changes, some very late.

Lady London 2,045 posts

I came back from Seattle on a BA380 in F. It was showing as a 777 quite close to flight date. But what I flew on was definitely a 380.

R 59 posts

BA fly an A380 to DFW.

xarantine 5 posts

They also fly them to BOS – at least they did in October when I flew one!

BJ 657 posts

An a380 is the best experience in every class IMO

LST 19 posts

We have booked A380 F coming back from Chicago in July.

Harry T 96 posts

I like the A380 but didn’t find F particularly special on BOS-LHR this year. Perhaps it’s because the return from the east coast night flights are just a bit crap on the whole.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.