Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Reward Flight Finder Spam / Unsubscribe Doesn’t Work

• Jon 267 posts

I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve
    unsubscribed from Reward Flight Finder but still they keep emailing me. Anyone else having the same problem?

Tempted to report them to the ICO, unless anyone’s got any better ideas?

Not a good look for them.

NorthernLass 7,463 posts

Have you tried emailing them directly and asking them to take you off their email list? They’re usually quite responsive.

Jon 267 posts

Their emails all come from a no-reply address. I’m just using the unsubscribe link (which goes to the unsubscribe page etc and does appear to work, but then the emails don’t actually stop coming). I’ll try to find an address for them and drop them a line. Shouldn’t be necessary though 😉

NorthernLass 7,463 posts

help@rewardflightfinder.com

People seem to be having a really hard time finding email addresses today!

Jon 267 posts

Thanks! And lol 😉

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,195 posts

Your mail software should be able to block email from named domains.

Matt 320 posts

I’ve had exactly the same – I did subscribe to them a while back, then changed to SeatSpy after a while. After many months’ gap I started getting RFF emails again for no reason and with no response to unsubscribe requests.

They all just go into spam now, so not a problem.

Jon 267 posts

Your mail software should be able to block email from named domains.

True. My main concern though is that I’m evidently still on their mailing list, so if/when they sell that on…

Plus it’s the principle of it – the unsubscribe option should work, one click, done. The fact that it doesn’t makes them look like a scam outfit 😉

Rhys
    HfP Staff
    189 posts

Plus it’s the principle of it – the unsubscribe option should work, one click, done. The fact that it doesn’t makes them look like a scam outfit 😉

Technically it’s in contravention of privacy laws too, I think….

juju 2 posts

Think there was a bug. Seems all sorted now. Even big websites have these problems. I had similar problem with unsubscribing from FT.com last year

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.