Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Destination advice RFS options for my 20-something kids

• Richie 978 posts

..Can you even get to San Sebastian with BA?
    Closest airport I can see is either Biaritz or Bilbao. Both of them are a trek there after. Pity as it’s on my bucket list

Yes via Madrid to San Sebastian’s airport EAS.

There are buses from Bilbao airport to San Sebastian.

redlilly 110 posts

Athens is a great city for a 4 day trip. Some great bars and nightlife, amazing and cheap food, and some great places to visit during the day.

Michael C 666 posts

Into Stockholm, out of Copenhagen, with a train trip in the middle to cross The Bridge?!

marshy11 247 posts

Thanks. We are going up to see them next weekend and hopefully firm up their plans. Always easier in person than on the phone/whatsapp.

I’m intrigued at The Bridge! Off to google…..

JDB 4,333 posts

One thing I haven’t seen mentioned in considering destinations, for my 20 somethings who like travelling, Spain (excluding Barcelona but including Balearics) is highly favoured owing to the significantly lower cost of staying, eating and drinking vs most of the other suggested countries (and the UK) which makes a big difference when on starter salaries.

Richie 978 posts

Thanks. We are going up to see them next weekend and hopefully firm up their plans. Always easier in person than on the phone/whatsapp.

I’ve been across the Øresund Bridge by train, was a great experience.

JDB 4,333 posts

But did you get to meet Saga?

Lady London 2,020 posts

If you can see anything… all but one of the times I took the train over it to get to work stuff in Malmö from Copenhagen, it was either night or fog and visibility was zero from the bridge.

Lyn 188 posts

One thing I haven’t seen mentioned in considering destinations, for my 20 somethings who like travelling, Spain (excluding Barcelona but including Balearics) is highly favoured owing to the significantly lower cost of staying, eating and drinking vs most of the other suggested countries (and the UK) which makes a big difference when on starter salaries.

An excellent point, JDB. This should also apply to Montpellier, although the flights have reverted back to Gatwick again instead of Heathrow. It also has a significant university student population, like some of the other places suggested.

Lady London 2,020 posts

Bus from Biarritz. It’s a very decent luxury Spanish bus. I’d be happy to go all the way from Biarritz to Jerez in it but have only done San Sebastian several times. Be careful if relying on public transport to come back there’s not much on a Sunday.

Biarritz I think they’re too young to really like unless they’re into surfing up the coast. San Sebastian other than great tapas personally I’d send them somewhere bigger. Milan defo the weakest Italian option at that age unless she is heavily into fashion : it’s a business city.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.