Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Destination advice Samui: Six Senses vs IC vs Kimpton

• jeff 36 posts

Planning a Samui trip for 2025. Have Diamond Ambassador status so leaning towards one of these options for 5-7 days. I would love to try Six Senses one day but not sure if Samui is the place to do so? Always had great Kimpton experiences and the IC looks lovely too.

Isolation is not an issue for a week – will look to spend first few days at HI instead which from the Jan ’23 thread on Samui hotels looks to be well recommended and good value and should balance out the more expensive stay at one of the above?

Any strong preferences for SS v IC v Kimpton in Samui?

u07ch 63 posts

Six senses Samui is outstanding; the rooms are airy and wooden with good views. The food and staff are excellent; and it doesn’t have 100s of rooms so it is also quiet. That said I’m also a fan of the IC and have stayed several times now. Kimpton I had lunch in last may I haven’t ever stayed in it; public areas feels small compared to IC and SS if that matters to you.

The IC beach villas are huge; had one with an indoor and outdoor jacuzzi and a separate plunge pool last year. IC has a club lounge though its outside and insects attack you during happy hour. The beach at IC is quieter than other Samui beaches thanks to its more remote location. It is far more of a beach than you will get at the Six Senses (which face sunrise too); though there is a good pool at both if you want to sunbathe.

Six Senses is in the classic SS style; unlike say Bali (where my room leaked and started falling apart when it rained), you get a gem who makes decent reccomendations and that quiet easy luxury. It’s MUCH closer to the airport and more of the life of Samui than IC so you see/hear the odd plane during the day. IC is a way away from the heart of Samui; biggest sign of life is watching the ferry back to the mainland edge across the horizon its a much quieter area; food isn’t as good as SS; the clifftop bar however is a great place to watch the sunset if you aren’t in the lounge. Eating out is more of a trek than SS, nearest decent restaurant is at the conrad. Location of IC is excellent for peace and quiet though. It is a split hotel; you can walk up and down over their suspension bridge on the way; or use the buggy service up and down the hotel or to the car park. I mixed both last year SS and IC; rented a car to get around.

Kevin the flipflop traveller is a fan of the ss too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iIpUNNYstA

jeff 36 posts

Thank you for your response! I guess it’s IC vs SS now. Value is a factor so might lean towards IC as have lounge pass, Diamond and Ambassador, and I feel SS is slightly out of my league cost-wise. Cheers!

u07ch 63 posts

You could do a split stay; book a night or two at ss on Amex FHR or via Emyr.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.