Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Other frequent flyer schemes Singapore Air mixed cabin reward flight

• RyanB 29 posts

Does anyone have any experience booking a mixed cabin reward flight on Singapore? I am looking to book a flight from The Philippines to Heathrow. There is business class space available on the flight to Singapore and the connecting flight on to London, but there is also first class available from Singapore to London (first cabin isn’t offered on the other flight). I was wondering if I could book this as one itinerary but have the first leg in business and the second leg in first. Has anyone got any experience of doing this before? I could book them as 2 separate flights but this will cost much more miles.

BuildBackBetter 705 posts

You can, but you’ll pay for the highest cabin. Assuming you are looking at using the one way stopover option?

RyanB 29 posts

Ok that is good to know, I’m happy paying for the higher cabin as it’s the same amount of miles if I go from Singapore to London or if I go from The Philippines to London via Singapore. By doing a mixed cabin on one booking it will save me the extra miles and fees by not having to book The Philippines to Singapore as a separate booking. Doesn’t seem to be any way to do this online so will have to try calling to get this booked

SamG 1,644 posts

I thought if you put in F and there is only a business cabin on the connection it will show up. Otherwise you’ll have to call in, waits are pretty painful right now from what I heard from friends

RyanB 29 posts

Oh really? I was searching last night and never actually thought to try that out because I knew only business was available on the first flight. The site is currently down for maintenance but as soon as it’s back up I will give that a try. I’m happy to pay the extra points if it means a first class flight from Singapore to London

BuildBackBetter 705 posts

If it’s one way saver with stopover, you have to call them. Cannot be booked online. But if it’s just a layover, you can book online.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.