Soft landing for sponsored BAEC
5th December 2022 at 14:35VinZ
My husband was silver up until last month and he had it cause somebody gifted him the status. He’s now Blue and not Bronze as one would expect due to soft-landing rules.
I called CS and they told me that soft landing rules don’t apply to gifted status – do we know if that’s the case or was I misinformed and that is a genuine mistake?
Thank you5th December 2022 at 14:57Jacob
“There is only one exception. Certain elite Gold Guest List members of British Airways Executive Club can gift Gold and Silver status to friends. If you receive status in this way you will not receive a soft landing and will drop straight back to Blue.”5th December 2022 at 15:08George K
I seem to recall this being the case, yes5th December 2022 at 17:27VinZ
Thanks guys!6th December 2022 at 06:12points_worrier
I seem to remember an undocumented quirk where you did get a soft landing if you did 4 eligible flights. Did you manage to do these? Not sure if I have just made this up…6th December 2022 at 22:17RobHfP Staff
I seem to remember an undocumented quirk where you did get a soft landing if you did 4 eligible flights. Did you manage to do these? Not sure if I have just made this up…
This is what I thought was the case.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The perfect airport doesn’t exist, but the new Paris Charles de Gaulle ‘Extime’ upgrade is close
Bits: new Qatar insurance rules, design a BA beer can, free Fairmont night from Emirates
Bits: fly BA Club World on short haul – or fly Titan, Virgin ends Plaza Premium Clubhouse access
Bits: Virgin’s missing reward seats, Elizabeth Line gets faster to Heathrow, Inverness Airport station
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- Wiseoldman on Amex Membership Rewards to Virgin issues
- _aDifferentSimon_ on Who has received the 100,000 Avios?
- JDB on Las ?vegas Flights moved from T3 to T5
- alexm on OW Sapphire status benefits with Iberia Express HBO ticket
- JDB on Volunteer list at online checkin
- AJA on New member saying Hello!
- JDB on Nassau, Grand Cayman and Providenciales Back to T5!
- flymeanywhere on Chat thread – Wednesday 8th February
- qc on Sri Lanka: trouble possibly brewing again
- Harrier25 on Purchasing which vouchers qualify towards Amex minimum spend ?
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.