Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Soft landing for sponsored BAEC

• VinZ 142 posts

My husband was silver up until last month and he had it cause somebody gifted him the status. He’s now Blue and not Bronze as one would expect due to soft-landing rules.

I called CS and they told me that soft landing rules don’t apply to gifted status – do we know if that’s the case or was I misinformed and that is a genuine mistake?

Thank you

Jacob 223 posts

“There is only one exception. Certain elite Gold Guest List members of British Airways Executive Club can gift Gold and Silver status to friends. If you receive status in this way you will not receive a soft landing and will drop straight back to Blue.”

https://www.headforpoints.com/2021/04/01/does-british-airways-executive-club-have-soft-landings-2/

George K 289 posts

I seem to recall this being the case, yes

VinZ 142 posts

Thanks guys!

points_worrier 292 posts

I seem to remember an undocumented quirk where you did get a soft landing if you did 4 eligible flights. Did you manage to do these? Not sure if I have just made this up…

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,229 posts

I seem to remember an undocumented quirk where you did get a soft landing if you did 4 eligible flights. Did you manage to do these? Not sure if I have just made this up…

This is what I thought was the case.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.