Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Status upgrade and extension?

• magicmat 12 posts

I am currently on Bronze status, and looking to take a Business flight for an extra £240 over and above economy, so that I qualify for Silver ahead of my April 8th renewal date. Does this mean, with the extension, I would be Silver until April 2024? Hope someone can clarify. Thank you!

Unique 15 posts

I am currently on Bronze status, and looking to take a Business flight for an extra £240 over and above economy, so that I qualify for Silver ahead of my April 8th renewal date. Does this mean, with the extension, I would be Silver until April 2024? Hope someone can clarify. Thank you!

Hi Magicmat

I qualified for Silver yesterday (my TP year-end is Feb 8th) and my card expiry still shows as 21 Mar 2023.

Jacob 223 posts

I qualified for Silver yesterday (my TP year-end is Feb 8th) and my card expiry still shows as 21 Mar 2023.

And what should it show? You qualify for the rest of the current membership year (till Mar 2022) and the full next year (till Mar 2023). Sounds like your status was already extended, no?

magicmat 12 posts

Right, so the “covid extension” was from April 2022 to 2023 – and so Im not actually gaining anything as a result of qualifying, since I am qualifying for Silver within this year, I just benefit from the lower threshold?

Jacob 223 posts

That’s correct. From March to December this year is when you can benefit from the lower threshold. Whatever status you achieve after March will get your card expiry date pushed by a year.

ChrisC 956 posts

The extension was to existing status.

Since you will be earning a higher status the usual rules of having it for the rest of your current year and the whole of the next year will apply.

So with a collection year ending 8th April 2022 you’ll be silver until 31st May 2023

magicmat 12 posts

Thanks all!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.