Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Other payment cards The Tesco Clubcard Pay+ prepaid debit card thread

• Genghis 12 posts

Christmas saver can be turned on under the “voucher schemes” drop down.

MartyB 3 posts

Now I will have to pay with the physical card to get the Yellow Discounted price. Or swipe my Clubcard and then pay by Apple Pay on my watch.

Is there a Stocard equivalent on the watch that you could swipe your Clubcard before paying (which you might be referring to anyway)? That would be two swipes of the watch but better (maybe!) than not being able to get Clubcard Prices? I’m assuming the “Yellow Price items” are Clubcard Prices rather than the “reduced” sticker items!

Good point! I do have the Clubcard on Stocard and it is stored in my Wallet on Watch and Phone where the Clubcard Pay+ is as well.

jonnyfly 38 posts

Just off phone from Tesco Bank to check the status of an inbound funding transfer that wasn’t showing.

The agent volunteered that points will not be earned on HMRC payments or anything that appears to be financial services including buying a car if the merchant is a financial services provider. This was unprompted guidance – not a topic I raised.

Has anyone actually received points? Agent said they normally take 5 days and I’m still inside that.

billyrayvalentine 25 posts

Just off phone from Tesco Bank to check the status of an inbound funding transfer that wasn’t showing.

The agent volunteered that points will not be earned on HMRC payments or anything that appears to be financial services including buying a car if the merchant is a financial services provider. This was unprompted guidance – not a topic I raised.

Has anyone actually received points? Agent said they normally take 5 days and I’m still inside that.

This thread was a great idea!!

:).

rams 223 posts

Any updates on HMRC payments getting points?

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,207 posts

Aren’t the points going over daily, as the credit card points used to?

rams 223 posts

Hopefully a delay for Sunday payments then as not seen any update to my points after first payment yesterday.

jonnyfly 38 posts

My points have dribbled in day-by-day after a few days waiting. They have been awarded on end of January’s ‘seasonal’ payments!

Still can’t find Genghis’ Christmas Saver option to delay conversion of points to vouchers.

Genghis 12 posts

It’s still there for me but I have it on. Try again:
    Clubcard account -> Account Management -> Voucher Schemes -> select Clubcard Christmas Savers

rams 223 posts

Hopefully a delay for Sunday payments then as not seen any update to my points after first payment yesterday.

Arrived today. All very straightforward in the end. Thanks for highlighting Rob.

OS2142 6 posts

Anyone recently made HMRC payments using Pay+? Keen to understand if points are being awarded!

WillPS 194 posts

Anyone recently made HMRC payments using Pay+? Keen to understand if points are being awarded!

Probably better if you make an £8 payment and see for yourself.

Ibblybibbly 31 posts

I make regular HMRC payments with Pay+ and points always credit. Now have enough for a virgin cruise if they bring the deal back next year !

MingTheMerciless 27 posts

A £10k tax bill would give £12.50 in clubcard points. Not sure it’s even worth entertaining tbh

True, but If you’re a small business you can easily do 100k a quarter in Vat, 20k a month in employers NIC and PAYE plus corporation tax and personal taxes. Over a year it adds up and better than nothing for paying so much to HMRC

R 59 posts

I paid stamp duty with the card and got the points for it.

sorenpowholse 1 post

I just paid my personal tax bill for 202122 tax year with the Tesco Clubcard Pay+.
    Less than £2K bill so not many clubcard points… but every little helps (and not aware of any other methods of earning on HMRC payment without fees)

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,207 posts

I know one reader who was recently closed down by Pay+ for doing HMRC transactions so I think the end is coming for this one.

Ibblybibbly 31 posts

I just had an email from Tesco……

Tesco Pay+ will close on 27 February 2023

Tesco Pay+ is now Pay in-store in our Tesco Grocery & Clubcard app.

It’s very short notice, and not terribly clear, but I am guessing that’s the end of the debit card to pay HMRC.

AndyGWP 276 posts

I assumed it was the Pay+ app that is closing

Ibblybibbly 31 posts

You might be right…..hopefully. Clear as mud.

BuildBackBetter 705 posts

Only the app is closing. They are moving everything to one app.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,207 posts

That’s not what it says. It says it’s now ‘Pay instore’ which, given the name, suggests that the one and only use of this product will be to pay instore, with all other options ended.

AndyGWP 276 posts

FWIW – There’s a message in the Pay+ app that reflects the email that was received

donna1 2 posts

Any thoughts for cards to use for ernie top ups or hmrc going forward?

Toaster 104 posts

Pay+ is an app.

Clubcard Pay+ is a debit card.

The two things are different.

You do not need to use Clubcard Pay+ debit card with the Pay+ app.

You do not need the Pay+ app the be able to spend with the Clubcard Pay+ debit card.

Tesco has taken a leaf out of Nintendo’s book when it comes to product naming and it has been confusing with lots of similarly named products which serve different functions.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.