Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Other hotel schemes Thesis survey on hotels using social media marketing during COVID

• mattxcheung 9 posts

Hey fellow HFPers!

I wanted to take this opportunity with the launch of the new forum to ask some of the most dedicated readers for some help.

I’m currently finishing my Masters in Marketing and am working on my dissertation at the moment. My dissertation is aimed at analysing the effect social media marketing has on consumers’ perception of brand image and awareness in the hotel industry during the COVID-19 pandemic. Here’s a link to my survey if you’d like to help me out:

The survey should take less than 3 minutes to complete. All data collected remains anonymous and will be deleted after the course has completed. If you have any questions about anything, please don’t hesistate to reach out to me. Thanks in advance to everyone who particpates – I really appreciate it as I need all the responses I can get!

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    AirMax 31 posts

Please can you define social media? Is Hfp social media?

0 post

The topic seems pretty interesting and also difficult. I love how some of the universities are up to date, because usually all the reviews of Marketing faculty are awful. My friend is in her last year of uni in marketing and all they study is something very outdated with no practical use at present.

Angelamc11 195 posts

I have completed your survey. Some comments – the questions relate to only one hotel despite selecting 5+ hotels for the year. Some chains have multiple brands and it may help to indicate to participants to concentrate on one specific hotel they are thinking about. I could have answered the questions very differently depending on which hotel/brand I decided to think about in relation to the questions.

Another suggestion on demographic questions – it may be useful to know the income brackets of participants as I’m sure this would make for interesting analysis. I just wanted to mention this as I’m not sure if this is a pilot or not.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.