Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

• roger 232 posts

The BA Chaos plus the airport issues ongoing are putting me off to book anything at the moment but hopefully after summer vacations the fares will be sensible and airline situation will improve to consider such TP run!

Was hoping to do any 5th freedom but no such options at the moment, unless someone can point out.

yonasl 953 posts

One thing to take into account for TP runs. Check the lounge situation before you do anything. I was planing a cheap CE LHR-CDG-LHR with a few hours layover only to find the lounge is closed. Same for some UK cities where the only option is an Aspire or similar lounge that closes early, etc.

ChrisC 956 posts

I’m not sure I’d pick CDG foe a B2B even with a lounge as you have to go through security.

AMS is much easier as you are off and on the same plane with no security.

Plus if you have time for a lounge visit then you’re not really on a B2B because of the risk of cancellations of one flight but not the other.

FFoxSake 217 posts

– a Premium Economy long haul in October trying to take advantage of the double tier points BA holidays offer (departure before Nov 2022, 5 nights minimum and either hotel every night or car booking done with BA).

Has anyone had confirmation from BA Holidays that a return flight in November will still attract double tier points as long as the outbound is on/before 31st Oct? i.e. both flights get double points, not just the outbound.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    yonasl 953 posts

– a Premium Economy long haul in October trying to take advantage of the double tier points BA holidays offer (departure before Nov 2022, 5 nights minimum and either hotel every night or car booking done with BA).

Has anyone had confirmation from BA Holidays that a return flight in November will still attract double tier points as long as the outbound is on/before 31st Oct? i.e. both flights get double points, not just the outbound.

T&c say:

A “Qualifying Booking” is a British Airways Holidays booking that meets all of the following criteria:
    a. The booking must be for a British Airways Holidays Flights + Hotel or Flights + Car or Flights + Hotel + Car package booking originating in the UK only and the hotel or car element of the booking must be booked for the duration of the trip.
    b. British Airways flights including codeshares and British Airways marketed and/or operated flights only.
    c. The booking must be made before 22 October 2022.
    d. Travel is for outbound departures between 9 June 2021 and 31 October 2022 inclusive (final outbound departure date is 31 October 2022).
    e. The booking must be for a stay of 5 nights or more.
    f. For departures prior to 24 August 2021, the booking must be for a minimum of 2 passengers. From 24 August 2021, there is no minimum number of passengers required.
    g. The participant must register their Executive Club number against their booking prior to travel.

And then

This promotion enables Eligible Participants to receive double Tier Points for return flights which are part of a Qualifying Booking.

FFoxSake 217 posts

So that’s a BA “maybe” then… 😉

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.