Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Tier points earned via Amex spending not arrived

• Amy C 372 posts

Yesterday my 20k of avios were transferred from the latest month of spending but not the 100 tier points I earned on March 5th. I was expecting them the be swept over to BA at the same time. Have I got this wrong or do I need to get the hump about this with someone?

BA Flyer IHG Stayer 2,088 posts

There are several threads on the AMEX board giving peoples experiences of how and when the sweep happens.

My surmise is that awarding the TPs is currently a manual process with AMEX sending over a particular transaction for a specific number of avios that a BA staffer can search for and then add the TPs manually.

So give it a couple of days.

I’d also do a refresh of your my account page and that might also make them show. As might a log out and in again.

Amy C 372 posts

Thanks, I did look for threads on this prior to posting but couldn’t see any. Obviously wasn’t looking hard enough. I did refresh the account but I’ll give it a couple of days then. Thank you.

Graveworm 1 post

Hi I seem to have the same issue, I didn’t check until today as I wasn’t that fussed. However in my Amex Avios history I now see the 100 then 50 then 50 starred Avios entries from Feb statement period but no new tier points. Has anyone resolved this and was it via Amex or BA.

Amy C 372 posts

Update as of this afternoon:

I am just off the phone to Amex (after trying BA). It is definitely an AMEX issue, they say it’s a tech problem affecting about 50% of people and no timescale re when it will be fixed! He said he hoped it would be by end of this month. Also slung me 2500 avios by way of an apology. If they still haven’t arrived by end of April I will be whining some more at them and hinting that a few more avios might well calm me down.

jonathanyoung101 5 posts

I enquired where my Tier Points are – currently 150 earned as of end of March 24. BA told me that it’s an AMEX problem that Tier points via the BAPP card sending offer aren’t being credited. BA told me to chase AMEX. That’s come from the Gold EC priority email.

jonathanyoung101 5 posts

On the phone to BAPP Amex, the call handler had to be pushed to give me a discretionary 2500 Avios as a goodwill for ringing. Didn’t offer at all, I had to push for them. Call handler says mid to late April is the timescale they are being given for credit of TP’s from BAPP spending offer. For those card holders you haven’t received them yet due to whatever is the technical issue.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.