Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Other frequent flyer schemes Transferring points between schemes

• Olly 242 posts

Aside from Avios, are there any other schemes which allow you to transfer miles between brands within the same alliance?

QFFlyer 156 posts

Not same alliance, but SQ & VA have a tie up (which has been temporarily suspended, since April 2020) which allows transfers between the two at 1.55 to 1 (so 1.55 VA miles = 1.0 SQ mile, and the same in the other direction, so you lose value in both directions). This sometimes makes sense as availability when booking directly with SQ is generally better than when booking with VA. This is also unlikely to matter, since you need to be resident in a handful of South Pacific countries (Aus, NZ and various islands) to joint VA Velocity).

I’m not aware of any others, though VS, AY and SQ allow transfers to Hotel programs (VS to HH/IHG, AY to Accor [and I think IHG], SQ to Shangri-La Golden Circle). I wouldn’t bother with any of these, except possibly VS to HH.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.