Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Destination advice Travel Republic – experiences please share

• sm 178 posts

Good morning. Just wanted to hear any recent experience with hotel bookings with Travel republic please. The hotel I’m looking at is 30% cheaper on Travel Republic compared with booking direct and other OTAs. They say it’s an early booking discount for next summer. However I’m thinking this is too good to be true? Is it possible our booking could get cancelled if the hotel becomes over booked…
    Thanks in advance.

Wally1976 188 posts

We’ve used Travel Republic lots in the past with no problems. Haven’t used them post Covid, however.

ChrisBCN 237 posts

Call the hotel and ask them to price match if you book over the phone. They may even beat the price.

sm 178 posts

Thank you both. Will certainly do that. Any other feedback would be great.

HSV 33 posts

We used them this April to book Palazzo in Las Vegas and they were cheaper than anyone else by at least 30%. No problem’s checking in or issues at the hotel.

Johnie 14 posts

Isn’t Travel Republic just Emirates – indeed the UAE ruling families – under a different name?

Keely 78 posts

Used them lots of times , no problems at all .

Erico1875 143 posts

Used them lots with no problem.
    I normally use Trivago or Hotels Combined to get an idea of discounts available.
    Then when I’ve chosen a hotel, stick the dates into Google.
    Last 2 hotels we booked Snap Travel (a Canadian agency) have been the cheapest by quite a bit

Lady London 2,052 posts

Travel Republic used to be very good at European trains.

Sandj 21 posts

I’ve used them before, like you I was slightly concerned as they were very cheap.
    However everything was as good, no problems at all.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.