Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express UAE Platinum Dining Credit

• Shifterz 8 posts

Is it just me that would like to see a platinum dining credit in the UAE? Is there much call for this? Does anyone know any reasons why Amex wouldn’t offer this?

Luca M 391 posts

Do you mean availability of restaurant in the UAE participating in the deal? If so, obviously they may not have found partners willing to partecipate. Even in Italy, there is a relatively small list of participating restaurant not covering every region, compared to the numbers that could have been available.

If instead you are talking about UAE issued Platinum not having this deal, it may be for the same reason, at least partially, as if they could not issue home and abroad Credit, but only abroad, it could have not be very useful if one did not travel and/or did not travel to countries with participating restaurants. I am aware that other then the UK issued Platinum, Italian issued platinum also have a comparable Dine In credit home and abroad.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,199 posts

Agreed – I am guessing it isn’t coming to the local Plat for some reason and it wasn’t worth the faff to negotiate deals purely for the benefit of tourists.

TGLoyalty 494 posts

To be fair there’s probably a high correlation between U.K. platinum holders and visitors to Dubai

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.