Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express United Airlines Amex offer – short haul booking? Hotels?

• Skywalker 700 posts

Evening, I see this offer is ending in the next few days or so and I would like to book something short haul – but I haven’t been able to successfully get the machine to work well enough to display partner airlines.

Has anyone had any success booking something with a destination other than the US?

Alternatively, has anyone successfully managed to book a hotel and trigger this offer (subdomain hotels.united.com)?

Thanks

Blair Waldorf Salad 1,096 posts

United removed cash bookings for Star Alliance partner flights from its booking system (including its own phone agents) sometime during lockdown. Possibly because it was a revenue route leaking out of United for those holding United travel vouchers. You can still book partner award flights worldwide and pay the TFCs to United. If over £500 that might be a way to use the credit but you’d need significant amounts of United miles to begin with.

Skywalker 700 posts

United removed cash bookings for Star Alliance partner flights from its booking system (including its own phone agents) sometime during lockdown. Possibly because it was a revenue route leaking out of United for those holding United travel vouchers.

Got it thanks and that explains a lot!

You can still book partner award flights worldwide and pay the TFCs to United. If over £500 that might be a way to use the credit but you’d need significant amounts of United miles to begin with.

I’m not a collector of United (or other partner) miles – I was just hoping to use this offer on the off-chance there was something cheap and relatively local to do.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.