Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Upgrade voucher – when does it appear in account?

• kevinchoi 96 posts

How long does it normally take from the day you spend over the threshold, to the day the voucher appears on your BA account ready to use?

I’ve just managed to spend the £20k required at the start of the week, but haven’t yet received the voucher. Kinda desperately want the voucher to appear as I’m planning to book a flight for Feb 2024, and reward availability is slowly disappearing day by day for the route/dates I want to book for.

NorthernLass 7,532 posts

My last one appeared the day that the qualifying payment cleared. Where are you looking in your BA account? It should appear on your account home page (on a computer, I don’t know if it actually appears in the app), or when you select “book a flight with avios” it should show as an option to use with your booking.

Jess 33 posts

I qualified for mine 8 days ago but it still hasn’t appeared in my BAEC account yet.

gill321 33 posts

Received email on 16 February saying voucher would be in ba account within 5 working days.
    Not in account as at 23 February.
    Barclaycard say sent on 15 February and to contact BA.
    Who do I contact at BA?

Aston100 1,388 posts

Same.

kevinchoi 96 posts

Received email on 16 February saying voucher would be in ba account within 5 working days.
    Who do I contact at BA?

I still haven’t received the voucher, so I decided to call up both Barclaycard and BA Executive Club.

BAEC says they are on the receiving end and can only track the voucher if I can provide them with the (1) Voucher Code, (2) Transaction ID and (3) Date the voucher was released by BA.

So I tried contacting Barclaycard and they contacted their “expert team”, which apparently doesn’t have any tools to get any of the above information.

How did you manage to get Barclaycard to say that yours got sent on 15 Feb?

gill321 33 posts

Who do I contact at BA?

I still haven’t received the voucher, so I decided to call up both Barclaycard and BA Executive Club.

BAEC says they are on the receiving end and can only track the voucher if I can provide them with the (1) Voucher Code, (2) Transaction ID and (3) Date the voucher was released by BA.

So I tried contacting Barclaycard and they contacted their “expert team”, which apparently doesn’t have any tools to get any of the above information.

How did you manage to get Barclaycard to say that yours got sent on 15 Feb?

They told me on online chat in BARCLAYCARD app

Aston100 1,388 posts

Still no sign of the voucher.

kevinchoi 96 posts

So I DM’d Barclaycard’s Twitter and they called me today, basically saying that although the payments which took me over the threshold was cleared on Mon 20/02, that it takes up to 48 hours for Barclaycard to issue the voucher and so they issued mine on Wed 22/02.

Then they say it takes up to 5 working days for BA to have it on their side (i.e. up to Wed 01/03), and then another up to 48 hours to appear in my account (i.e. up to Fri 03/03). So they advised me to contact them again if it doesn’t appear by end of day tomorrow.

Basically the “up to 5 working days” it takes for the voucher to post is actually “5 working days + 48 hours + 48 hours” (or more… who knows)

dromeas 3 posts

I have the same problem. I received the email that I hit the target on 17/02 but it’s not on my BA account yet.

PaulAllen 23 posts

Does anyone who has actually received the voucher know how long it took from the qualifying payment? It’s odd that some people seem to receive it within a day and others are waiting weeks

NorthernLass 7,532 posts

I recall checking my account when I got the Barclays email telling me I’d earned the voucher and it was already there – a pleasant surprise after all the issues when the card was originally opened.
    Has everyone checked that their BAEC details are correctly linked to Barclays?

Aston100 1,388 posts

I recall checking my account when I got the Barclays email telling me I’d earned the voucher and it was already there – a pleasant surprise after all the issues when the card was originally opened.
    Has everyone checked that their BAEC details are correctly linked to Barclays?

My first voucher is still there from last year.
    The new voucher has not arrived as yet.

PaulAllen 23 posts

That is a pleasant surprise! I’ve been receiving all the Avios on time, so the accounts are definitely linked properly, it’s just the voucher that is taking a while. I guess it’s just a case of waiting it out – I wonder if they’re struggling with all the new customers

strickers 658 posts

My second voucher is due in a few days, sounds like they haven’t finalised the option to trade it for Avios yet?

NorthernLass 7,532 posts

That would make sense, except that Barclays seem to be telling people that the vouchers have been sent over to their BAEC accounts! Though again Barclays staff do seem to know very little about their own products, so who knows? The one time I had the misfortune to have to speak to them on the phone, the agent denied there was even such a thing as a Barclays avios card.

kevinchoi 96 posts

That would make sense, except that Barclays seem to be telling people that the vouchers have been sent over to their BAEC accounts! Though again Barclays staff do seem to know very little about their own products, so who knows? The one time I had the misfortune to have to speak to them on the phone, the agent denied there was even such a thing as a Barclays avios card.

Agreed by the lack of knowledge from their agents – I called them up a number of times regarding this card and every time they had to just google up the card, and all they could do was recite what’s on the website!

My first voucher is still there from last year.
    The new voucher has not arrived as yet.

I’m in a similar position as you. This makes me wonder if the issue is one of two things –
    (1) There is an issue with issuing a second voucher after hitting the £20k threshold with the Avios card, less than 12 months after we’ve hit the £10k threshold with the Avios Plus card then downgraded
    Or (2) there’s just an issue with issuing these vouchers recently

I’m tempted to say that possibility 1 is more likely…

NorthernLass 7,532 posts

Possibility 1 has been disproved by several readers here, unless Barclays has tweaked the system recently.

gill321 33 posts

Just received a response from Narclaycard stating “ I would like to inform you there is a delay in sending upgrade voucher from our end, we have been sending apology emails to customers as well regarding the same issue. Please accept my sincere apology”

Doesn’t indicate when likely to be resolved!!

kevinchoi 96 posts

Ah so I guess it’s possibility 2 which is the case!

PaulAllen 23 posts

Has anyone that was waiting now received their voucher?

Aston100 1,388 posts

Has anyone that was waiting now received their voucher?

Not I.

PaulAllen 23 posts

You would think they’d be able to tell you when it will arrive in your account – I don’t mind waiting if there’s a fixed date in mind…

carousel 27 posts

I’ve just raised a complaint with Barclaycard. They confirmed they are aware of an issue crediting cabin upgrade vouchers to accounts but do not know when the issue will be resolved. It took me 45 minutes to find someone who knew this information too. Mine should have been credited on 23rd Feb (they state 5 working days), my avios do get credited promptly each month so there’s no issue with my BA Exec account info. I’ve asked them to credit the £20 a month fee back since inception and provide my voucher. Lets see what happens. Their customer service and agent availability is shocking too compared to AMEX (IMO)

PaulAllen 23 posts

I’ve just raised a complaint with Barclaycard. They confirmed they are aware of an issue crediting cabin upgrade vouchers to accounts but do not know when the issue will be resolved. It took me 45 minutes to find someone who knew this information too. Mine should have been credited on 23rd Feb (they state 5 working days), my avios do get credited promptly each month so there’s no issue with my BA Exec account info. I’ve asked them to credit the £20 a month fee back since inception and provide my voucher. Lets see what happens. Their customer service and agent availability is shocking too compared to AMEX (IMO)

Did you get any further with the complaint? From what I understand there is some kind of delay but nobody seems to know what is the issue or when it’ll be resolved

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.