Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Upgrade voucher – when does it appear in account?

• jumpfrog 23 posts

I earned the voucher on 8th March and had not received it as of yesterday. Raised a complaint and it has appeared today. Probably a coincidence as others now seem to be getting them too

Royback 115 posts

Mine appeared today too!

Birding Bob 3 posts

Mine has appeared too. Thanks to all for applying continuing pressure. Looks like it paid off eventually.

dromeas 3 posts

Mine appeared today. Yesterday I raised a complaint and they offered me £25 as a compensation for the delay.

Aston100 1,382 posts

Mine appeared today. Yesterday I raised a complaint and they offered me £25 as a compensation for the delay.

Wow.
    I wonder if they are basing the compo amount on spend to date or something.

polly 287 posts

Mine arrived this afternoon… shame we could have used it to upgrade from premium Y to J a month ago to Singapore… hopefully next year…

fedemenni 47 posts

good news. i got my voucher today and i can see it also in the portal! original email received on the 01.03.23.

still put a complaint via barclaycard though

RebeccaLondon 43 posts

Barclaycard finally phoned. Only useful information I have is that they hope to have an update next week. They asked if they could close the complaint, I said no, it’s not resolved. Wasn’t offered any compensation either.

RebeccaLondon 43 posts

Am excited to share…. My voucher has arrived. To those looking for it, this is where I see it on the app:
    Go to book with avios
    There are two options, book with avios or book and upgrade. Mine offers it in there. Hopefully that helps!

NorthernLass 7,472 posts

Great news. Just be aware of 2 issues:

1. If you try and book via “book and upgrade” you sometimes get quoted ridiculous surcharges.
    2. If you exit from a booking then go to try again, the system defaults to any 241 Amex voucher you have in your account, not the Barclays voucher, so double check which one you are using!

fedemenni 47 posts

today barclaycard offered me £50 compensation which i gladly accepted

robato 52 posts

Late to the party. Through much effort on my part, I finally found out I reached the £10k spend target on 1st April via chat. I tried to complain that the app hasn’t shown the spend progress for a while now and the time wasted going through bots/advisors to find it out, yet each advisor assured me they understood my problem and that it was already resolved.

In any case, 5 working days has passed and no voucher in my BAEC and no email. Reading this thread, it seems like those who were missing their vouchers last month got it towards the end of the month. Maybe they’re having to do it manually in monthly batches. Just when I thought I’d keep my accounts open after the nice Avios bonus last month, they are sowing doubts in my mind again.

baec_newbie 87 posts

Received £100 in “CS Goodwill”, which I assume is in my relation to my complaint about the voucher being delayed (not actually received a response to my complaint!). In the end the voucher posted about 3 weeks after it should have done, so I’m happy to take £100 for that.

It’s the third lot of £100 I’ve had from Barclaycard for delays in BAEC points/vouchers posting. They must have me down as a serial complainer by now! But I regard it as all their own fault – if their IT weren’t so shoddy, or they underpromised and overdelivered, I wouldn’t have had cause to raise the complaints.

Anyway, just goes to show that it pays to complain. A couple of minutes on the phone is all it took.

robato 52 posts

My iOS app is showing that my Barclaycard Avios reward was “redeeed today” which I think means it was issued. Therefore, the voucher should post to BAEC soon.

It’s also showing my Barclays Avios Reward anniversary reward is available in zero months (bug?), but the date is in October. I can choose 7000 Avios or another upgrade voucher.

Looks like they’ve been trying to implement all these new features which might explain all the delays.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.