Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Upgrade voucher – when does it appear in account?

• Aston100 1,385 posts

I’ve raised it with the social media team.
    They at least tend to respond reasonably quickly and seem more knowledgeable than the phone agents.

Aston100 1,385 posts

“Hey Aston 👋 Just wanted to reach out to you, We’ve herd back from the team and they have confirmed there is an issue at the moment which they are working hard to fix and we’ll be reaching out to any customers affected with an update 👍 what they have advised is that you will not lose your voucher but that there will be a delay up to a couple of weeks to come into your BA Exec Club Account.

Again I’m truly sorry for any worry or inconvenience caused.”

PaulAllen 23 posts

It would be helpful if they could say what the issue is or when it will be fixed!

dromeas 3 posts

They also informed me about the delay and provided the 2 weeks timeframe. I asked a refund of the monthly fee as GOGW and they accepted to offer me £20 as a GOGW.

RebeccaLondon 43 posts

I also received the email saying I’ve got the voucher but have no voucher. I received the email on 22nd Feb. Was hoping to use it to upgrade to business for flights to miami in April 2024. Going to be quite annoyed if it doesn’t appear before April 2023 so there’s still availability.
    Doesn’t bode well for this 150k avios I’m expecting either. Hmm.
    The avios for spending have posted correctly so it’s definitely linked correctly.

Birding Bob 3 posts

My situation is the same as Rebecca’s. Same dates. I contacted Barclaycard who sympathised but said they couldn’t help and advised me to contact BAEC. I submitted a complaint form 4 days ago but haven’t had a response, just an acknowledgment.

Not very impressive😎

Royback 115 posts

May I ask how does it appear? I’m due one now. How do I find it. Does a new category appear on my account called vouchers? Where would I find it?

NorthernLass 7,463 posts

It sounds as though there’s a widespread issue at the moment so it might not appear at all, but if it does, it can be seen on the homepage of your BAEC account, or when you select the “Book with Avios” option.

RonnieB 288 posts

It sounds as though there’s a widespread issue at the moment so it might not appear at all, but if it does, it can be seen on the homepage of your BAEC account, or when you select the “Book with Avios” option.

I’ve also been waiting a month nearly, BC are blaming BA, oh dear.
    Will be closing my BC as soon as the voucher appears.

NorthernLass 7,463 posts

Possibly Barclays are doing some sort of update today as both our BC accounts are saying that we have no cards right now!

PaulAllen 23 posts

It’s a very frustrating experience – I was told by their customer support that they are aware of an issue in transferring the vouchers and it is ‘up to a couple of weeks’ for the voucher to be sent. I’ve submitted a complaint but not heard anything back yet. You would think that they could give you a manual voucher code at least, I can’t imagine what kind of technical issue there is in transferring a voucher to an account..!

NorthernLass 7,463 posts

I don’t think there would be a way of using such a code on ba.com, though, you have to select the voucher from your account to make a booking with it.

PaulAllen 23 posts

Natwest managed to set up a portal that works really well and redeems the voucher within 24 hours: https://www.aviosvouchers.com/MyRewards

Not saying it’s the same situation, just that there’s not an excuse for Barclaycard to mess up the process like this!

Aston100 1,385 posts

Natwest managed to set up a portal that works really well and redeems the voucher within 24 hours: https://www.aviosvouchers.com/MyRewards

Not saying it’s the same situation, just that there’s not an excuse for Barclaycard to mess up the process like this!

Everything to do with the Avios Barclaycard has been terrible right from product launch onwards.

NorthernLass 7,463 posts

That links to a page for adding avios, not a flight voucher? So completely different products. But even if Barclays could do this, it would require BA to tweak the system at their end, which is pretty much never going to happen!

kevinchoi 96 posts

I just hope that when the voucher does eventually appear, that they have extended the expiry date until 2 years from the date the voucher appears, and not from the date it was supposed to be issued.

JDB 4,335 posts

Everything to do with the Avios Barclaycard has been terrible right from product launch onwards.

@Aston100
    – I have to admire the seriousness and enthusiasm you have applied to the self appointed role of Barclays anti shill with repeated and vocal complaints alongside a very small group of other disaffected customers (on multiple threads to make it seem greater than it is) who probably don’t even represent 1% of the new customers gained since the Avios launch a year ago. Clearly there is a rather bitter group of people who rushed to cancel/downgrade after getting the 25k SUB so missed out on the 100k bonanza and others who missed the 50k SUB. However, by and large Barclays thrusting itself so massively into the Avios market has been a fantastic gift for the majority of people. Yes, they have had some teething issues and IT issues, but nothing better or worse than the IT offering of other legacy banks, so I’m OK with that. I did have an issue with duplicate profiles, so I wrote a real letter (having read that chat/telephone weren’t great) and received a call within a couple of days to resolve the matter and £200; I call that good customer service. Additionally when being showered with Avios, I and others can forgive a lot; calll me a tart if you wish. Courtesy of Barclays our BA household account will receive over 600k Avios that weren’t previously anticipated in the 2022/3 year; that’s a great vintage harvest in my opinion. So I think Barclays is bloody fantastic and I shall regularly toast them from my F seat, plus keep all our accounts open.

PaulAllen 23 posts

@JDB have you got your upgrade voucher yet? If they sort out this issue promptly and fairly, I’ll agree with you, until then, the jury is out! If something like this is delayed due to a bank issue, you shouldn’t have to chase by chat / phone / social media / letters to get an acknowledgement and timescale for resolution – it should be proactive. There is a reason why Barclays consistently top the charts of most complaints upheld by the ombudsman (by a reasonable margin I should add)

JDB 4,335 posts

@JDB have you got your upgrade voucher yet? If they sort out this issue promptly and fairly, I’ll agree with you, until then, the jury is out! If something like this is delayed due to a bank issue, you shouldn’t have to chase by chat / phone / social media / letters to get an acknowledgement and timescale for resolution – it should be proactive. There is a reason why Barclays consistently top the charts of most complaints upheld by the ombudsman (by a reasonable margin I should add)

Barclays only tops the charts because some banks like Halifax group and NatWest operate under various different names and Barclaycard is by far the largest provider of credit card provider in the UK. My wife and I did get our upgrade vouchers promptly without any issues, but clearly something has gone wrong recently as the provision of Avios and vouchers has been working well after initial issues. These sort of issues happen at all banks.

Aston100 1,385 posts

There is a reason why Barclays consistently top the charts of most complaints upheld by the ombudsman (by a reasonable margin I should add)

Don’t bother. JDB is like some kind of vigilante for the Financial Services industry.

kevinchoi 96 posts

“Hey Aston 👋 Just wanted to reach out to you, We’ve herd back from the team and they have confirmed there is an issue at the moment which they are working hard to fix and we’ll be reaching out to any customers affected with an update 👍 what they have advised is that you will not lose your voucher but that there will be a delay up to a couple of weeks to come into your BA Exec Club Account.

Again I’m truly sorry for any worry or inconvenience caused.”

I DM’d Barclaycard on Twitter on 28th Feb, and after a couple of back-and-forth messages, I got a similar response today:

“Just an update, it has come to light that a number of customers are in the same situation and this is with the incident team to put a fix in place as soon as possible. We’ll hopefully receive an update regarding this tomorrow, we’re not sure of a date for the fix yet, but please keep a check of your emails in the meantime.

Thanks so much for your patience and we’ll continue to monitor the situation and update you where we can.”

tdingene 5 posts

I have not received my anniversary Barclays Premier Current Account Voucher which was due 2 weeks ago. I assume it is the same issue. I havent bothered contacting them yet after reading this.

RonnieB 288 posts

Just had a response from BA after Barclaycard claimed the missing voucher was BA’s fault. No surprise BA say it is something that BC need to sort out. #shambles.

PaulAllen 23 posts

Anyone received their upgrade voucher yet? I’ve made a complaint but heard nothing back – their customer service is completely useless

RonnieB 288 posts

Anyone received their upgrade voucher yet? I’ve made a complaint but heard nothing back – their customer service is completely useless

Nope still waiting, over a month.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.