Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Virgin Flying Club Virgin Voyages Master Thread (do NOT post referral codes – use other thread)

• j-w 9 posts

I got the activation code ok but as it transpires there’s no availability for dates in September or October – I was too late to the game.

Quick chat with the web chat suggests if they’re gone they’re gone and you can’t pay a cash difference to get into a larger cabin if there’s no availability in the smaller cabins.

Anyone happen to have contrary datapoints to that before I request a points refund?

stevenhp1987 330 posts

@j-w, I inquired about upgrading my existing booking with cash.

They said access key bookings cannot be upgraded that way. Only using the Level Upgrade bidding.

If there’s no availability in Ltd View Sea Terrace or Sea Terrace then you won’t be able to book onto that cruise using the access key.

It seems odd not taking some extra cash from paying customers but I guess they’re hoping to sell it at full rate…

j-w 9 posts

Thanks @stevenhp1987. I checked back and the whole of September opened up – must have been holding back some capacity.

I will look into the Level Upgrade process! Thanks for the tip

Keensta 7 posts

I got the activation code ok but as it transpires there’s no availability for dates in September or October – I was too late to the game.

Quick chat with the web chat suggests if they’re gone they’re gone and you can’t pay a cash difference to get into a larger cabin if there’s no availability in the smaller cabins.

Anyone happen to have contrary datapoints to that before I request a points refund?

This happened to me on Saturday. No availability showing online for 2 Oct so called Miami call centre (via the UK number). Initially the agent advised there were no cabins available for free bookings on this date. She went away to check with a colleague before coming back to me and made the booking over the phone. Worth a shot – good luck.

stevenhp1987 330 posts

They keep opening up Guarenteed Cabins every now and then for my next cruise.

I’m guessing they’re expecting to upgrade a few people who bid for upgrades so open up Guarenteed Cabins to fill the lower cabins up.

JohnO 8 posts

Anyone know if you can retrospectively sign up for the loot?

Hi John O how do I sign up for the sailor loot as I am on same cruise?

If you’ve not yet booked you could use my link https://virg.in/o8xC

If already booked, it can be done via chat.
    If you want to email me I’ll share details and we can try it John.scl.Owens AT gmail.com

gordog01 17 posts

If you want to email me I’ll share details and we can try it John.scl.Owens AT gmail.com

I have tried emailing you but email address not valid?

talkshowhost 6 posts

Question on the bidding for upgrades can you bid on more than one? Presumably then you would get the highest one you bid on and won?

I’m doing the Spanish Obsession next Sunday if anyone is interested in trying to apply for retrospective credit?

billyrayvalentine 25 posts

Im on this – will try and attach it now.

Question on the bidding for upgrades can you bid on more than one? Presumably then you would get the highest one you bid on and won?

I’m doing the Spanish Obsession next Sunday if anyone is interested in trying to apply for retrospective credit?

Spanish Obsession
    28th August to 4th September:
    https://virg.in/oSAh

Actually I cant figure out how to link? Do I need to email?

YH 20 posts

Does anyone know if you can request twin beds for the standard Sea Terrace rooms?

Paul B 224 posts

Does anyone know if you can request twin beds for the standard Sea Terrace rooms?

Good question, interested in the answer to this also.

Likewise, has anyone successfully cancelled one these ‘Virgin Red’ cruises for a Points Refund or a Future Travel Credit? I may have purchased one too many…

talkshowhost 6 posts

Spanish Obsession

I think you probably just need name booking is under and from what I gather you can go on chat and ask to link. Happy to email you this or can email me at kmorrow70{at}Hotmail.com with referral link.

Thanks. – will email you now.

Spanish Obsession

I think you probably just need name booking is under and from what I gather you can go on chat and ask to link. Happy to email you this or can email me at kmorrow70{at}Hotmail.com with referral link.

Paul B 224 posts

Good question, interested in the answer to this also.

Likewise, has anyone successfully cancelled one these ‘Virgin Red’ cruises for a Points Refund or a Future Travel Credit? I may have purchased one too many…

Any answers here, before I make the call? If not will report back with my experience.

JohnO 8 posts

Has anyone booked a transfer with VV to BCN airport?
    We’re back 2nd Oct but it appears sold out already.
    First time so assuming there’ll be loads of taxis at the port, can anyone confirm? Thx

Leanid 3 posts

Does anyone sailing on Irresistible Mediterranean on 21-28 August and wish to link the booking and catch up for a beer on a ship?

SamSam 2 posts

Does anyone sailing on Irresistible Mediterranean on 21-28 August and wish to link the booking and catch up for a beer on a ship?

I’ll be on that voyage! Would love to link bookings but I have no idea how to do it. I think we need to phone or use the chat help.

Here’s my link https://virg.in/o2dP

Lula 204 posts

In case it’s of interest to anyone, it seems VV are offering $300 bar credit for November cruises.

Leanid 3 posts

Hi SamSam,
    It will be nice to see you on board. Same as you I have no idea how to activate sailors’ loot. My access key is not valid. Will try to get hold of customer service by online chat. Probably will need your name?? to do that.
    Would you like to send me your details by email or I can share my details if you wish? My email is lhancharuk@yahoo.co.uk

Leanid

talkshowhost 6 posts

I just linked bookings with someone on the chat.
    You just need their name and booking number very simple process although chat queue can take a few hours suggest trying at 10am when they open.

I’ll be on that voyage! Would love to link bookings but I have no idea how to do it. I think we need to phone or use the chat help.

Here’s my link https://virg.in/o2dP

Stephen 48 posts

This happened to me on Saturday. No availability showing online for 2 Oct so called Miami call centre (via the UK number). Initially the agent advised there were no cabins available for free bookings on this date. She went away to check with a colleague before coming back to me and made the booking over the phone. Worth a shot – good luck.

If you haven’t booked yet, or have and wish for the credit retrospectively, feel free to use my link below, or email: pr_brighton at dot co dot uk

Ahoy Sailor! Sailor Loot

Duration:
    Irresistible Med
    Oct 2022 Sun 02 to Sun 09

https://virg.in/oxis

Hi Paul,

I’m on the same cruise as you, but don’t think your email is correct

Irresistible Med

If anyone wants to link their booking, drop me an email – sbryans605(at)gmail(dot)co(dot)uk

Thanks,
    Stephen

Paul B 224 posts

Stephen, will email you now

Paul B 224 posts

If you haven’t booked yet, or have and wish for the credit retrospectively, feel free to use my link below, or email: pr_brighton at dot co dot uk

Ahoy Sailor! Sailor Loot

Duration:
    Irresistible Med

https://virg.in/oxis

Hi Paul,

I’m on the same cruise as you, but don’t think your email is correct

Irresistible Med

If anyone wants to link their booking, drop me an email – sbryans605(at)gmail(dot)co(dot)uk

Thanks,
    Stephen

Stephen have sent to the above at gmail (dot)com as (dot) co (dot) uk didn’t seem to work, likewise hard corrected my own email address

Stephen 48 posts

Sorry, yep it should have been (dot)com

Irresistible Med
    If anyone wants to link their booking for $50 credit each, drop me an email – sbryans605(at)gmail(dot)com

@Paul
    – they have successfully managed to add the $50 credit to both accounts, the person I spoke to didn’t have any issues with it being a “Virgin Red” booking, but said the Sailor Loot is limited to $50 rather than $200 (still appreciated!)

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.