Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Other frequent flyer schemes Vueling booking using Iberia Avios

• xcalx 55 posts

Are vueling flights booked using IB avios cancellable for an avios refund. I read somewhere that partner awards are non refundable. Thanks

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,207 posts

Good question.

You CAN cancel BA redemptions I understand, and as Vueling is also IAG (and you probably booked an IB codeshare on Vueling, or vice versa) I reckon you’d be OK, but not sure …..

xcalx 55 posts

Thanks Rob the flight is a vueling BCN-MAN with IB code IB5855

ChrisBCN 237 posts

Have you checked the cash fare direct from Vueling? It’s often the case that the avíos price through Iberia will give you an extremely poor return (but not 100% of the time,and sometimes if you need a checked bag it can scrape into an ‘ok’ return).

Also, you won’t get access to the very good lounge at BCN through BA or one world status. I think there is still an exception if you have Iberia gold status or better.

ChrisBCN 237 posts

I realise what I wrote won’t help you if you want something refundable 😀

xcalx 55 posts

Thanks @ChrisBCN Yes it’s a back up booking, I have BA flights booked for midday after we leave a cruise. Last time BA cancelled the midday flight ond only option offered was a late flight and an overnight stay in LHR

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.