Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Waiting time to book T-355

• Dezeeko 5 posts

Does anyone have any recent experience of making T-355 bookings and suggestions as to when to call BA’s US number please? I am trying to book 4 business class seats using a FTV and a 2-4-1, will this require calling earlier, or just be time added on after seats are reserved? Thank you

Jonathans 121 posts

It’s pot luck. I called up to book my outbound flights and was on hold for over 40 minutes recently. When I called up to book my inbound I was answered within 15 and told to call back because they couldn’t sit their for half an hour waiting for midnight to come. I called straight back and was waiting over 40 minutes again.

A FTV cannot be applied to an existing booking and I have tried many times so calling is your only option unfortunately.

If its a popular route and limited seats released my advise is call from several phones 10-15 minutes apart between them and hedge your bets. The other option is if First class is flown on that route, call You First. Lines are always answered within 15 minutes. Ask them to hold business and first whatever is available as they can hold seats the moment they are released without inputting any passenger details. This gives you a little more time to complete the booking without the fear of losing the seats.

SteveJ 978 posts

Don’t call US, call Japan, their day is just getting started at the time you need them.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Jonathans 121 posts

The US line is now manned by a UK based team. Why dont BA just switch to 24/7 lines so we only call our local number with it being from country to country on the backend?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.