Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Marriott Bonvoy Washington DC recommendations

• FlyingPtarmigan 53 posts

I have a leisure trip to Washington DC at the end of November – primarily to “do” the museums, drink cocktails and hang out.

I’ve previously stayed in the Marriott Georgetown, which was ok – but nothing to write home about.

I’m currently holding a reservation for the JW Marriott, but am a little put off by the negative reviews. Although none of the Marriott properties seem to have a decent review – so some recent first hand experience would be appreciated.

Nice / comfortable room with good brekkie is the priority. Possibly some free nibbles in the evening (Marriott Platinum), but I’m not sure we’ll be hanging around the hotel enough to justify something like the St Regis – even though rates are pretty reasonable of the week we’re there.

Thoughts?

Andrew. 482 posts

Don’t forget about Alexandria and Crystal City as locations.

Alexandria is just 6 stops on the Metro from L’Enfant Plaza and just 2 stops from DCA. If you prefer to be outdoors and walk, Crystal City is a pleasant walk along the Mt Vernon Trail to the reflecting pools and is also an easy walk (if you know where you are going) with hand luggage to DCA.

Reney 766 posts

St Regis location is amazing thou, I used to live not far from it. You can walk to a lot of the museums, very close to 14th street for food, with a tube stop near by.

Michael C 673 posts

I was surprised to see the JW Marriott reviews, as we had a really pleasant stay there a few years ago.
    Our “proviso” was lots of key places within walking distance, and a pool.
    We were out elsewhere every day for b/fast, sorry.

cabal of rabid baboons 108 posts

We enjoyed the Residence Inn Downtown/Convention Centre earlier in the year on points, we’d stay there again.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.