Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios What and where to complain?

• Paul B 224 posts

I received my card several weeks after application, and in fact received my first statement (and monthly fee) beforehand. I had seen some comments that you can write into Barclaycard for a refund of the first months fee, any idea where to reach and what to say?

NorthernLass 7,569 posts

The address is on the Barclaycard website, alternatively if you send them an email they will respond saying they can’t help you and send you the exact address to write to! They won’t change your earning date but you might get £50 or so compensation.

Aston100 1,383 posts

I rang the number on the back of the card and got put through to a complaints team who (eventually) arranged a refund of the fee plus an additional goodwill gesture.
    Player 2 used the chat facility on the app and the CS agent arranged for a refund of the fee.

NorthernLass 7,569 posts

Having used both those options previously, I am fairly sure I never want to put myself through either of them again!

anonymess 16 posts

Their complaints handling is quite broken. You can lodge a complaint through chat – if the option appears in the app which it often doesn’t. You can complain by phone, if you have an hour or more to wait in the queue. I ended up writing to them on paper; so far I’ve had two emails notifying me that they have missed the date and pushing back the response. Presumably they will eventually respond through that channel.

harley 109 posts

0800 056 3336 is the complaint teams direct number

PeteM 709 posts
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.