Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Virgin Atlantic When to cancel Virgin credit card?

• moody 38 posts

I am coming up to my one year anniversary and don’t intend to keep the card beyond this. I opened the account last may, but have received a message from Virgin to say they will be charging this year’s fee in April. When should I cancel the card to ensure the points from the final month post to my account before its cancelled? Statements seem to generated around the 11th of each month…

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,202 posts

Readers have had problems here before – annoyingly I can’t remember the outcome, but I don’t think there is a way of keeping it to the last minute and so getting full value for the year you paid for.

ChasP 162 posts

I did but you wont be able to follow the same route
    used the old website mail to confirm the end of my year and that I could cancel the day before
    They then charged me 14 days before but reluctantly refunded when I quoted their own e mail back !
    Might be one of the reasons why they closed the website 🙂

I believe others have managed to get the 2nd year charge reversed if they hadnt used the card past the end of year

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.