Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other London life Which Ivy restaurant in London?

• ms 69 posts

As per title. Any recommendations?

Richie 992 posts

They really are fairly similar, apart from the Asia ones. Really depends what kind of fellow diners you want to be amongst.

StanTheMan 217 posts

I think Ivy Chelsea Garden…. for the vibe and decor.

But if you fancy it, I’d head to Ivy Asia in North Audley Street

SteveJ 979 posts

The Asia’s are far more impressive IMHO.

If non Asia then I concur with the Chelsea suggestion, avoid the “Market Grill” in Covent Garden. The dullest restaurant I’ve been to in a long time.

memesweeper 1,255 posts

Asia St Pauls is great fun with good food. Can’t comment on the others, not been in years.

dbbs 23 posts

I think Ivy Chelsea Garden…. for the vibe and decor.

But if you fancy it, I’d head to Ivy Asia in North Audley Street

+1 for The Ivy Chelsea Garden and The Ivy Asia Chelsea Garden. Take cash to replace ‘service charge’ on the bill as otherwise the staff won’t receive the tip.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,202 posts

The Chelsea ones are our local but they are good – the main Ivy has a huge garden.

Less keen on Victoria and Kensington purely down to the soulless buildings they are in.

The City Ivy by Liverpool St is a quiet tip if you are otherwise struggling for a weekend table – again, in a bizarrely ugly building though.

Granary Square Brasserie at Kings Cross next to Central St Martins is good, basically an Ivy with a different name. Argent apparently didn’t want any chain restaurants in the main square so …..

ms 69 posts

Thank you all for the suggestions!

We went to Granary Square Brasserie, and it was an excellent experience!

alig4th 322 posts

Just got “Spend £120 at ‘The Ivy Collection’ get £20 back” – hopefully will stack nicely with the £150 Dining Credit… Assuming they ever fix the link to participating venues so we can make sure there’s overlap

omicron 50 posts

My favourite of the regular Ivys is the Marylebone one – always great service and they make it seem a bit more “special” to go there than at some of the others. The Soho Brasserie is the worst – table not ready on time, super slow service, and wrong orders almost every time I’ve been there.

sm 178 posts

Just got “Spend £120 at ‘The Ivy Collection’ get £20 back” – hopefully will stack nicely with the £150 Dining Credit… Assuming they ever fix the link to participating venues so we can make sure there’s overlap

Be great if anyone has an experience If this would stack? I’m thinking you’d need to spend £170 on plat card to benefit fully ( they’d never credit Both dining credit and £20 on simply a £150 spend I’m guessing! )

SteveJ 979 posts

Be great if anyone has an experience If this would stack? I’m thinking you’d need to spend £170 on plat card to benefit fully ( they’d never credit Both dining credit and £20 on simply a £150 spend I’m guessing! )

IF there is overlap then the way these offers usually stack is all you’d need to do is spend £120 and you’d get £120 + £20 back. I can’t get the list of participating restaurants for the Ivy Collection to open up though.

simonkenyon68 1 post

Avoid the Ivy Soho Brasserie on Broadwick street like the plague. It has all the atmosphere of the Ivy Gatwick South Terminal operated by Ryanair, if such a thing were to exist.

Sadly, the “real” Ivy isn’t a patch on what it used to be either. We went last year and the service was still top-notch, last week it was no better than a mid table Ivy Cafe. Better service at Brasserie Zedel for a fraction of the cost.

A little out of town, we’ve always loved the Ivy Richmond – which you could combine with a trip to Kew Gardens or a walk by the river. In town I think Marylebone would be my pick.

marshy11 247 posts

Not London but we are giving Guildford a try this weekend – a bit of a schlepp from Cornwall but up visiting so it seems an ideal time to use the credit.

rosstaylor 3 posts

Artworks, marble and onyx provide a relaxed, elegant backdrop for a vast, all-day British menu.
    26-28 Broadwick St, London W1F 8JB, United Kingdom

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.