Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Who has received the 100,000 Avios?

• _aDifferentSimon_ 85 posts

For me, I have received the 100k last week. I was worried as I applied to switch card from a cashback one during the promotional period but the actual card switch happened just after the promotion (on my monthly statement day). I already had the current account. Also my card and current account are not linked perfectly (as I have different titles on each) and I am not getting the £5 discount (so need to sort that out). I have not contacted Barclays at all so it seems to be (mostly) working.

Luca M 391 posts

I am having a terrible time with Barclays. I had the Barclaycard Avios Plus (taken out June 22) and applied for Premier Banking within the timescales advertised to receive the 100k Avios. Nothing received. 2 complaint letters have yielded the same weasle worded response. Namely that I do not qualify because I took out the Barclaycard Avios in June 2022 which was outside the offer period!

Communicating with Barclays – as others have said – is painful to put it mildly. I even tried pointing them to the HfP article explaining that the offer provided for Barclaycard holders to get the 100K Avios for opening a Premier Bank Account, but nothing – after 7 weeks, yes 7 weeks waiting for a reply from them

Anyone else with a similar experience?

The T&C of the offer stated that at least one of the two required accounts had to be opened within the offer terms and that the minimum terms to hold both products would commence from the opening of the most recent product. Did you receive the email confirmation that you had qualified for the offer? I had already been a Premier customers for years and had Avios Rewards with that accounts from almost when it was launched but only swapped one of my Barclaycard for the Avios Plus during the offer term and received the email immediately.

Having said that, the communication for me has been ok, great from one a Case Manager was assigned, but certainly slower than it was for Premier customer before covid. bTW the official complaint response time is “up to 8 weeks”. For me it was about two.

Geoggy 41 posts

Have still not received my 100k. I got the £75 goodwill credit on my account but they closed the complaint as they “trust their processes”.

Do you have any sway with them @Rob?

Geoggy 41 posts

I have also finally received my 100,000. I had to raise a complaint because although I had qualified already, my downgrading (discussed on this forum) to the free card meant that my name dropped off the database that was swept for the credit on the 21st April. The Premier complaint Manager confirmed that these bonus points only get credited once a month (also confirmed that I did qualify and was only due to system error), and so far it has been the 21/04 and 18/05, so if you are still missing it, raise a formal complaint and hope your name is added before the next sweep around mid/end of June.

How do I get in touch with a premier complaint manager?

Ak17 1 post

I’m also curious about how to get in touch with a premier complaint manager. I tried emailing my relationship manager, only to be told premier relationship managers no longer exist and that I should call the customer service line.

A Barclays complaint has found in my favour but I still don’t have the 100k Avios, despite having signed up for the card in October. Barclays said they have an IT glitch and doesn’t have a date for when I will get it….

Geoggy 41 posts

I’ve had to submit a FOS case against Barclays for the 100k Avios.

Despite written and verbal assurances I was eligible for the offer, they finally decided I wasn’t.

Terrible company to deal with.

Luca M 391 posts

Sorry, I have been travelling and busy with work. You raise a complaint as normal but it gets assigned by default to the complaint team dealing with Premier customer as a priority (it is still slower than it use to be)

@Geoggy
    did you actually meet the T&C of the offer? (E.g. opened at least one of the two required products during the offer term and kept both for 4 months?) if you did not (e.g. you already had both products before the offer was launched) Barclays can argue that you did not meet the t&c and that you were at no loss as you already had the products, and the communications sent was from general information (unless there was clear reference to one of the accounts in question) and FOS would likely side with Barclays.

tontoro 106 posts

I have been asking again about this on Twitter, and have had several different responses as a different person replies each time. Firstly I was told I had to speak to BAEC. when I asked to clarify this, as it seems like it’s not their problem, some other people came back and just gave the usual holding line of “we know it’s a problem, there’s no timeline for a fix”

RCHammer 64 posts

Same here. Went on Twitter again and asked if the “expert team” dealing with this that they keep contacting had an actual timeline rather than the stock “you are eligible, the team is busy, you will get them, please be patient” reply. No response back from the expert team. Now at 4 weeks beyond the 8 weeks in their Ts&Cs

JamesCNW1 5 posts

I’m also still waiting. Both products held until 20 March as instructed so the bonus was due by 15 May.

Can I check, have you kept your current account open? Asking as I’m quite keen to close mine asap and move on…

I also can’t switch off avios rewards (the ‘known’ SP042 error) so am still having the £12 monthly fee deducted when I dint want the product. Barclays refunded £36 to me as a goodwill gesture this week.

The whole thing, going back to the ridiculously drawn out onboarding process, has been an absolute shambles.

Geoggy 41 posts

Sorry, I have been travelling and busy with work. You raise a complaint as normal but it gets assigned by default to the complaint team dealing with Premier customer as a priority (it is still slower than it use to be)

@Geoggy
    did you actually meet the T&C of the offer? (E.g. opened at least one of the two required products during the offer term and kept both for 4 months?) if you did not (e.g. you already had both products before the offer was launched) Barclays can argue that you did not meet the t&c and that you were at no loss as you already had the products, and the communications sent was from general information (unless there was clear reference to one of the accounts in question) and FOS would likely side with Barclays.

Long story short – I applied for the card 2 days before the offer was advertised here. I hadn’t even got the card so I called Barclays to ask what my options were. They said I could cancel the application and wait 6 months. After a to and fro he went off to speak to a manager. Then he came back with “good news, we can offer you the 100k if you meet the ts and cs” – i did, and I had 2 subsequent emails from them telling me I was “on the way to 100k Avios”

Then I had numerous messages from chasing the points saying I was eligible, including a formal complaint letter.

Barclays simply refuse to listen to that original call. They’ve reopened the complaint, checked the date of my card application and said go away here’s an FOS leaflet.

RCHammer 64 posts

@Geoggy

Long story short – I applied for the card 2 days before the offer was advertised here. I hadn’t even got the card so I called Barclays to ask what my options were. They said I could cancel the application and wait 6 months. After a to and fro he went off to speak to a manager. Then he came back with “good news, we can offer you the 100k if you meet the ts and cs” – i did, and I had 2 subsequent emails from them telling me I was “on the way to 100k Avios”

Then I had numerous messages from chasing the points saying I was eligible, including a formal complaint letter.

Barclays simply refuse to listen to that original call. They’ve reopened the complaint, checked the date of my card application and said go away here’s an FOS leaflet.

I haven’t closed my account or changed anything since converting the current account to Avios rewards and applying for the Barclaycard Avios

phantomchickenz 315 posts

Finally settled my complaint with Barclays, and got £200.

I thought I was eligible for the 100k, had an email back in October saying I was eligible, then a letter after my initial complaint confirming I was eligible, but turns out I wasn’t (which after interrogation of the T’s and C’s is correct).

£100 compensation for the initial error email, and another £100 for the mistake from the original complaint handler. Not 100k, but better than two fingers I guess.

RCHammer 64 posts

Still no 100k avios and whilst the Barclays Support team respond quickly to my chasing DMs on Twitter they apparently have not even had a response from the “expert” team to my request for a timeline 9 days ago. I’ve been a Barclays customer for 40 years and, ironically, this fantastic avios bonus opportunity has led to me strongly consider moving to another bank since they have highlighted their incompetence and demostrated their lack of recognition for customer loyalty.

RCHammer 64 posts

As a further update I have now logged a formal complaint via the app chat. They claim that there is a technical issue and every customer is facing this. They still cannot give a timeline for a fix but asked me to wait a few days. I pointed out that I am a member on a number of travel forums whilst a few are still waiting there are a lot of people who have received the 100k Avios. Let’s see what my complaint brings….

AlSno 8 posts

As a further update I have now logged a formal complaint via the app chat. They claim that there is a technical issue and every customer is facing this. They still cannot give a timeline for a fix but asked me to wait a few days. I pointed out that I am a member on a number of travel forums whilst a few are still waiting there are a lot of people who have received the 100k Avios. Let’s see what my complaint brings….

I think this is a stock response so the app chat ‘advisor’ can get rid of you. I’ve been told the same thing for a completely different ‘technical issue’ with missing Avios points.

I’ve found the app chat to be close to useless, bordering on aggressive and intimidating for a chat last week. This cost them £50 when my complaint was upheld about the inappropriate responses from the advisor (I’m also waiting to see what my complaint about the technical issue brings…)

RCHammer 64 posts

I think this is a stock response so the app chat ‘advisor’ can get rid of you. I’ve been told the same thing for a completely different ‘technical issue’ with missing Avios points.

I’ve found the app chat to be close to useless, bordering on aggressive and intimidating for a chat last week. This cost them £50 when my complaint was upheld about the inappropriate responses from the advisor (I’m also waiting to see what my complaint about the technical issue brings…)

Yep, I don’t believe the chat agents or those on Twitter have any idea what’s going on. I get a different stock response each time and never anything useful like a timeline.

JamesCNW1 5 posts

Still waiting for mine also. It was due on 15 May. The premier phone operators are completely clueless as to why there is a delay. It’s also still impossible to switch off avios rewards so I’ll be calling them again on 2 July to get my £12 refunded again. Hopefully that’ll be the last time as I’m closing the account as soon as they pay the bonus.

RCHammer 64 posts

I raised a complaint and now they say the expert team have opened an investigation into why we haven’t received them. Still awaiting anything useful like a proper explanation, timeline or the actual Avios

hw-99 11 posts

In their defence I beleive the usless support staff have missunderstood your query. Since there is a currenty issue with Barclaycard avios not showing/accruing on regular card spend. So probably what they thought you were referring to.

RCHammer 64 posts

In their defence I beleive the usless support staff have missunderstood your query. Since there is a currenty issue with Barclaycard avios not showing/accruing on regular card spend. So probably what they thought you were referring to.

Maybe but I have been very clear to reference 100k Avios initially and repeat it in the Twitter DM thread with them

RCHammer 64 posts

I just chased via messaging on the Barclays app and received a phone call where they have promised the missing 100k Avios by end of July. They have logged that commitment onto the log of the formal complaint they openened and for which I have the reference number. At last a commiited timeline!

JamesCNW1 5 posts

I have contacted Barclays UK Help on Twitter and they are asking me to raise the issue with BA… I’m really not sure that this issue is anything to do with BA yet, surely it is Barclays’ responsibility to process everything?

RCHammer 64 posts

I have contacted Barclays UK Help on Twitter and they are asking me to raise the issue with BA… I’m really not sure that this issue is anything to do with BA yet, surely it is Barclays’ responsibility to process everything?

Unless you’re in the situation where they can confirm they have sent it to your BAEC account and it hasn’t arrived for some reason then it is squarely with Barclays. Even then you’d want Barclays to produce details of what they sent, where and when. Much more likely is that the Barclays UK Support Twitter team, who are great at responding with platitudes and stock answers, don’t know what they’re talking about. I only feel I’m finally getting somewhere after raising a formal complaint via the agents on the app messaging system

travelbear38 1 post

Rang yesterday for the 5th time and still no update. Apparently its a thing and hopefully resolved soon.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.