Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Who has received the 100,000 Avios?

• jazzyb88 15 posts

My wife and I jumped through the various hoops for this in late November. Mine went surprisingly smoothly. My wife’s was more of a pain, but she applied for both accounts and turned on Avios Rewards in November.

I received the 100,000 email. My wife did not. She had to reinstall the app a number of times because things like her credit card wasn’t working etc. Reading this thread: seems that I should interpret as meaning Barclays have Barclaysed it up and she is likely NOT on their systems as being eligible and so she should raise a formal complaint now?

Having left it this long after the end of the promotional period, I wouldn’t bother raising a complaint now. If she has scrupulously followed the terms – ie opened both products or the one not held within the promotion period and if the second product was the Premier account, switched on Avios Rewards in that same period, all should be OK. See terms:-

https://www.barclaycard.co.uk/content/dam/barclaycard/documents/personal/existing-customers/avios-100k-t-and-c.pdf

If your wife can see in the Barclays app her Premier account and the Barclaycard that’s positive (ie they have linked the profiles).

I disagree. Stick a complaint in now, better to raise the flag now as what have you got to lose? If you get an answer quickly stating she is ineligible, then why bother paying Barclays the monthly fee for another 2 months and still get nothing?

PaulAllen 23 posts

Has anyone received the bonus just yet? There must be a few of us over the line by now!

phantomchickenz 302 posts

Has anyone received the bonus just yet? There must be a few of us over the line by now!

Nope, and I reckon I should be one of the first

WillPS 194 posts

Given the offer ran for 2 months, and they are advising payment within 2 months, I think we can take that as a sign they will do them all in one big batch in a little over a month’s time.

Bluebirdnick 28 posts

My wife and I jumped through the various hoops for this in late November. Mine went surprisingly smoothly. My wife’s was more of a pain, but she applied for both accounts and turned on Avios Rewards in November.

I received the 100,000 email. My wife did not. She had to reinstall the app a number of times because things like her credit card wasn’t working etc. Reading this thread: seems that I should interpret as meaning Barclays have Barclaysed it up and she is likely NOT on their systems as being eligible and so she should raise a formal complaint now?

Having left it this long after the end of the promotional period, I wouldn’t bother raising a complaint now. If she has scrupulously followed the terms – ie opened both products or the one not held within the promotion period and if the second product was the Premier account, switched on Avios Rewards in that same period, all should be OK. See terms:-

https://www.barclaycard.co.uk/content/dam/barclaycard/documents/personal/existing-customers/avios-100k-t-and-c.pdf

If your wife can see in the Barclays app her Premier account and the Barclaycard that’s positive (ie they have linked the profiles).

I disagree. Stick a complaint in now, better to raise the flag now as what have you got to lose? If you get an answer quickly stating she is ineligible, then why bother paying Barclays the monthly fee for another 2 months and still get nothing?

Yeah I will do this. She was new to Barclays and so has only just done teh account switch. WHich whilst not published as a condition for new customers, has been suggested is actually a requirement. As soon as that completes I’ll wait a day to see if the email arrives then stick in a complaint.

Carlos 758 posts

WHich whilst not published as a condition for new customers, has been suggested is actually a requirement.

I dont think the switch is a formal requirement of the 100k at least it never said so on the official page

damosmit 3 posts

With your Barclaycard Avios Plus credit card and Barclays Avios Rewards, you have everything you need to collect your 100,000 Avios bonus.

To qualify for it, simply keep them open until at least 04 February 2023.

We’ll then get in touch to let you know you’ve qualified for the Avios bonus and that it’s been paid into your British Airways Executive Club account (the 100,000 Avios bonus won’t show in your Barclays app

Not received yet either

damosmit 3 posts

I got the email saying i am eligible as long as keep open till 4th Feb. Not arrived in account yet. So hopefully will arrive eventually

Bluebirdnick 28 posts

WHich whilst not published as a condition for new customers, has been suggested is actually a requirement.

I dont think the switch is a formal requirement of the 100k at least it never said so on the official page

I agree. Anybody reading the t&C’s would not conclude you need an account switch. But I have some vague memory of rob saying in the comments that while it’s not a stated condition, Barclays intended it to be one. Or something like that. I might be entirely wrong but as there is an account that we can switch anyway and as we get a reward for doing that anyway, there is really no downside to us to do it.

Grant 107 posts

As I remember it, if you used the switching service you would receive an additional 25k bonus Avios.

Carlos 758 posts

As I remember it, if you used the switching service you would receive an additional 25k bonus Avios.

Hence why the offer was earn at least 100k avios
    The switch was a bonus

RebeccaLondon 43 posts

I did the account switch ages ago and haven’t received the 25k points. I’ve got a pending 25k for joining avios rewards but that’s it. Anyone know if this will come with the 100k?
    I’m hoping to use the points for a club world trip in April 2024 so hopefully they all arrive soon. I’ve had the email about the 100k.

rosco85 11 posts

I have been receiving the £5 credit into my Barclays Premier account since joining but I never received an email confirming the 100k avios eligibility, I just received the standard Premier email outlining the 25k bonus for switching current accounts. I have sent a message to the online chat so will see what they say. I applied well within the promotion period so assume all should be fine and they can confirm my eligibility. Let’s see…fingers crossed it won’t be too complicated!

Gottskalksson 20 posts

I’m in the same boat as you @rosco85, let me know what they say.

jazzyb88 15 posts

Yeah I will do this. She was new to Barclays and so has only just done teh account switch. WHich whilst not published as a condition for new customers, has been suggested is actually a requirement. As soon as that completes I’ll wait a day to see if the email arrives then stick in a complaint.

Hi, I got a phone call from Barclays following my written complaint and they both verbally and on letter confirmed there is no reason why I should not receive the 100k bonus. So for me, it was worth just doing that complaint in writing. In addition, they will fix my missing £5 dual reward credit without having to find a branch to go in to!

rosco85 11 posts

So I spoke to someone via live chat and they had a look at my account and they said I need to switch my statement preferences to paperless to correct the problem. After doing that they sent a confirmation that I would be eligible for the 100k avios once I’ve had both products for four months. I asked if they could send an email confirming this and they said they would try and contact the relevant department to request this. I took photos of the conversation just in case I have any issues (had to use another phone as screenshot not available whilst in app). I applied for the current account in Nov so hopefully the avios should drop sometime in late March. Let’s see what happens…

George K 289 posts

So I spoke to someone via live chat and they had a look at my account and they said I need to switch my statement preferences to paperless to correct the problem. After doing that they sent a confirmation that I would be eligible for the 100k avios once I’ve had both products for four months. I asked if they could send an email confirming this and they said they would try and contact the relevant department to request this. I took photos of the conversation just in case I have any issues (had to use another phone as screenshot not available whilst in app). I applied for the current account in Nov so hopefully the avios should drop sometime in late March. Let’s see what happens…

Pretty sure they’re making it up as they go along. I opted to switch to paperless statements as that was -supposedly- a condition to signing up to Avios rewards. Thing is… statements still come through the post, and I did receive the email for the 100k eligibility. I’m supposed to get it around April, so will report back when I do/don’t.

yonasl 953 posts

Short answer seems to be: nobody

Carlos 758 posts

Pretty sure they’re making it up as they go along.

That made me laugh, have a feeling their dedicated CS line is going to be busy. @Rob is there any update on when this is going live?

JDB 4,368 posts

Pretty sure they’re making it up as they go along.

That made me laugh, have a feeling their dedicated CS line is going to be busy. @Rob is there any update on when this is going live?

They still have plenty of time in hand. The first four months from the start of the promotion take you to early Feb, then they had two months per the terms, so until early April. I don’t know why everyone keeps asking where the points are when there could be no expectation they would have arrived by now.

yorkieflyer 259 posts

Pretty sure they’re making it up as they go along. I opted to switch to paperless statements as that was -supposedly- a condition to signing up to Avios rewards. Thing is… statements still come through the post, and I did receive the email for the 100k eligibility. I’m supposed to get it around April, so will report back when I do/don’t.

Same here, Mrs Yorkieflyer and I both have paper statements switched off but they still arrive! Interesting what absolute crap Barclays are and I wonder how many will stay after they’ve argued the toss as to where their Avios are, bound to happen!

phantomchickenz 302 posts

Just checked my account and for a second thought “yes! I’ve got 62 million Avios!”

Then I realised that was just my membership number…

roams84 11 posts

I am eligible for the 100k as of today according to the email I received.

Checked with Barclays in the app chat about when I’d receive it and they said it can take up to 8 weeks

Jacob 223 posts

Same here, Mrs Yorkieflyer and I both have paper statements switched off but they still arrive! Interesting what absolute crap Barclays are and I wonder how many will stay after they’ve argued the toss as to where their Avios are, bound to happen!

I’m not going to be staying. It’s been a 💩 show for me. I’ve had paperless switched on from the beginning, but I’m not receiving them at all. I get the email every month that a statement is ready, but when I log in nothing. Spoke to someone on chat and they said they can’t see them online either. Their solution was to post me the statement or call some other department to get it fixed (which I can’t be bothered). Additionally, I haven’t been receiving the £5 credit for Dual Rewards. So I complained and they were very apologetic – credited me £25 (for 5 months) + £25 as an apology. And guess what – another month passed and no £5 credit again. I don’t know if my account is completely messed up, but I’m not positive the 100k avios will post without fighting…

pigcat 2 posts

Hi All

Not sure if this is the right place, but just wanted to highlight a recent complaint i’ve had with Barclays on this topic. Long story short goes as below.

1) Have held Barclays Prem Avios Reward account for a year or so. As well as a standard Barclay card.
    2) See the 100k offer, so upgrade my Barclay card to the Avios card – during the allocated window last Autumn.
    3) Notice after the first couple of months that I am not receiving the £5 credit for holding both products. Call up and get told the “accounts need to be linked” story. Have to go into a branch with ID to link accounts.
    4) Several phone calls later I’m told today that I am not eligible for the 100k bonus as I was already an existing Barclay card holder (old non avios card). Am also told that this is the “Final Decision” and a letter is in the post….next steps, pick it up with the Ombudsman.

Just wanting to check that I haven’t missed something really obvious here? Or am I being shafted?

thanks

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.