Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Who has received the 100,000 Avios?

• louie 114 posts

This is Rob’s article for people who already had a Barclays Premier account – https://www.headforpoints.com/2022/10/03/100000-avios-for-barclaycard-avios-plus-card/. This is from that article:

“Who is excluded from this offer?

Unfortunately some people cannot take part in this promotion. If you already hold a Barclaycard, the following exclusions apply:

You are unable to upgrade to Barclaycard Avios Plus if you have had a Barclaycard Avios Plus card in the last 12 months

Not all existing Barclaycard holders can upgrade to Barclaycard Avios Plus as this is subject to status – it’s important to check in the Barclays mobile app.

Barclaycard customers with Hilton and Infinite cards cannot upgrade to the Barclaycard Avios Plus card”

Presumably your existing Barclaycard wasn’t a Hilton or Infinite one as, if so, you wouldn’t have been able to upgrade to the Avios Plus one and obviously your financial status was fine as you did get the Avios Plus card. Seems to me you should be fine.

This is the relevant section of the T&Cs:

“When you’ll be eligible for the Avios Bonus

You will be eligible for the Avios Bonus when you hold a Barclaycard Avios Plus card and Barclays Avios Rewards, provided that you open or join one or both of those products during the Qualifying Period. You’ll still be eligible if you open or join them by switching from another product during the Qualifying Period.

You must also continue to hold both products for four months from the date of the product you’ve opened or joined most recently.

It doesn’t matter which product you open or join first, or if you already hold one product prior to the Qualifying Period.

You won’t be eligible for the Avios Bonus if you hold both products prior to the Qualifying Period”

Again, seems fine to me. Seems to be yet another Barclays c*ck-up.

I think Rob has contacts at Barclaycard. As this is the sort of response that a number of people will probably get when their 100k fails to post, Rob could you see what they have to say?

louie 114 posts

I just wrote a longish reply to this and can see my name as the last contributor to this thread on the Barclays subsection but I can’t see the post itself – if I click on page 4, which it is according to the Barclays subsection, I just get taken to a page on which to draft a reply rather than the thread itself. Can anyone else see my reply?

louie 114 posts

Now I can see my question about whether anyone can see my post but the post itself has disappeared. Is it under moderation for some reason Rob?

Summary for Pigcat, yes I think you are being shafted. I’ll rewrite my reply if the post is not under moderation.

RCHammer 64 posts

Hi All

Not sure if this is the right place, but just wanted to highlight a recent complaint i’ve had with Barclays on this topic. Long story short goes as below.

1) Have held Barclays Prem Avios Reward account for a year or so. As well as a standard Barclay card.
    2) See the 100k offer, so upgrade my Barclay card to the Avios card – during the allocated window last Autumn.
    3) Notice after the first couple of months that I am not receiving the £5 credit for holding both products. Call up and get told the “accounts need to be linked” story. Have to go into a branch with ID to link accounts.
    4) Several phone calls later I’m told today that I am not eligible for the 100k bonus as I was already an existing Barclay card holder (old non avios card). Am also told that this is the “Final Decision” and a letter is in the post….next steps, pick it up with the Ombudsman.

Just wanting to check that I haven’t missed something really obvious here? Or am I being shafted?

thanks

I thought it was only Barclaycard customers with Hilton and Infinite cards who were excluded. If you didn’t have either of these then I thought you were eligible for the 100k Avios bonus.

_aDifferentSimon_ 85 posts

Seems incorrect
    https://www.headforpoints.com/2022/10/03/100000-avios-for-barclaycard-avios-plus-card/
    “The bonus for the Barclaycard Avios Plus credit card is reduced to 5,000 Avios when you spend £3,000 in your first three months if you have or recently had an existing non-Avios Barclaycard credit card. You will still receive the 100,000 Avios bonus if you meet all of the other criteria. T&C apply.”

Are there any more detailed t&Cs than these?: https://www.barclaycard.co.uk/content/dam/barclaycard/documents/personal/existing-customers/avios-100k-t-and-c.pdf

Carlos 758 posts

4) Several phone calls later I’m told today that I am not eligible for the 100k bonus as I was already an existing Barclay card holder (old non avios card). Am also told that this is the “Final Decision” and a letter is in the post….next steps, pick it up with the Ombudsman.

Wonder if that includes Existing Barclays Platinum cardholders who were invited to upgrade to the Barclaycard Avios Plus card, whilst the 100k offer was running. Live chat CS agents have already said I am eligible for the 100k.

3) Notice after the first couple of months that I am not receiving the £5 credit for holding both products. Call up and get told the “accounts need to be linked” story. Have to go into a branch with ID to link accounts.

Strange, also not getting the £5 credit for holding both products (not complaining but would have expected it, even more so now Live CS agents have confirmed that the accounts are linked)

Gary 293 posts

@pigcat T&C as follows which I am sure you already have.

“You will be eligible for the Avios Bonus when you hold a Barclaycard Avios Plus card and Barclays Avios Rewards, provided that you open or join one or both of those products during the Qualifying Period. You’ll still be eligible if you open or join them by switching from another product during the Qualifying Period.”

Sorry it sounds basic, but presumably your Avios Rewards was switched on and aligned meaning the main Avios+ CC cardholder’s *personal* BAEC been receiving 1500 Avios from Avios rewards (in case you had a joint Premier current account)? If yes, you have fulfilled the T&Cs of the offer given you opened the Avios+ CC during the qualifying period.

pigcat 2 posts

Yes, it would seem that I met all the criteria under the shared (albeit pretty ropey) ts & cs. Very frustrating. I hold little hope that I’ll be awarded the points automatically. So the ombudsman it is. Thanks all

robato 52 posts

I received 26,500 Avios today. 25,000 for premier joining bonus (for switching a current account) and 1,500 Avios rewards. No sign of the big one.

PT 11 posts

I received 26,500 Avios today. 25,000 for premier joining bonus (for switching a current account) and 1,500 Avios rewards. No sign of the big one.

Same here

Reney 755 posts

robato and PT mind sharing when you did your switch? I got my usual 1500 only. I did my switch around 3rd week of November I think.

tp1404 33 posts

I did my switch prior to ‘switching on’ Barclays Avios Rewards on 3rd October 2022. I have today received my 25,000 switching bonus plus the usual 1,500 monthly Avios. My bonus has therefore transferred with my 5th batch of 1,500 monthly Avios if that helps.

Daiboy1980 45 posts

‘I received 26,500 Avios today. 25,000 for premier joining bonus (for switching a current account) and 1,500 Avios rewards. No sign of the big one.’

Same here, If I do not get the 100k after swtiching all my personal banking to Barclays I will be very annoyed.

PT 11 posts

I did my switch prior to ‘switching on’ Barclays Avios Rewards on 3rd October 2022. I have today received my 25,000 switching bonus plus the usual 1,500 monthly Avios. My bonus has therefore transferred with my 5th batch of 1,500 monthly Avios if that helps.

Similar timings/experience…1st week of October 2022, 25000 bonus also came with my 5th batch of 1500 monthly Avios (and additional spend avios). Awaiting the 100,000…

bker001 2 posts

I also received 26500 points today, 1500 for the monthly allowance plus 25000 for the switching of account. However, I did not switch any bank account so it looks to me like I have only been awarded a 25,000 bonus instead of the 100000 !

I also received the email from Barclays advising that I was eligible for the 100000 if I kept the account until 04/02/23.

I do hope that the additional 75000 will be awarded !

robato 52 posts

robato and PT mind sharing when you did your switch? I got my usual 1500 only. I did my switch around 3rd week of November I think.

I switched mid-October and it completed 1st November. I did set a reminder to close my account today but I’ll wait it out until the 100k shows up.

I also received 26500 points today, 1500 for the monthly allowance plus 25000 for the switching of account. However, I did not switch any bank account so it looks to me like I have only been awarded a 25,000 bonus instead of the 100000 !

I also received the email from Barclays advising that I was eligible for the 100000 if I kept the account until 04/02/23.

More proof that Barclays don’t know what they’re doing. The 100k was in addition to any other promotions, so you should be asking for the full 100k and keep quiet about the 25k!

facelikefizz 11 posts

Same here. My husband has today received 25,000 but he didn’t do an account switch.

Parklife 6 posts

Yep same 26500 in BA today, I want my 100k!

damosmit 3 posts

Me too – I got the email stating i was eligible for the 100,000 avios bonus. Received 26,500 today

Reney 755 posts

sounds like the 25k for switching comes with the 5th batch. I just had my 4th batch. 🤞mine comes next month.

VALittleRed 122 posts

Least some of you got the 25k, I did the switch but only the usual 1500 today, I suppose I did it right at the end of November so hopefully mine are still to come

Daiboy1980 45 posts

Chased up on live chat and had the following.

– Confirmed both products held for 4 months
    – Eligible for the 100k avios

Rewards added directly to the BA Executitve account
    Can take up to 8 weeks from 24/02

A promising response

RangersPilot 5 posts

I received 25,000 today, but I’ve not actually gone through the account switch process.

harrison 8 posts

my partner got the 25,000 on the 28th Feb. did an account switch in December, plus signed up to several DD’s. however, only did this as the 25,000 were pending on the app and thought it was required to get them to post.

Carlos 758 posts

Noticed avios dual rewards have started tracking but only since Feb (as sorted out the linking of accounts in Dec/Jan)
    Is it worth contacting CS to get this backdated? not bothered however would like to see if I can get avios in compensation as opposed to cash.
    Its only £5 so I am not expecting £50 either.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.