Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Who has received the 100,000 Avios?

• tontoro 106 posts

Have been continuing to chase this via the app chat. Fobbed off several times (“ask again in X working days”), but have now received word that my two accounts (Barclaycard and Premier?) were not linked, and so the the transfer is having to be made manually. They still can’t give a date as to when this will happen though.

Dark Horse 12 posts

Has anyone had a similar experience to this?:….We have just been told on the app chat that my wife does not qualify for the 100,000 because although she met all the conditions to qualify for the 25,000 for each of Barclaycard Avios Plus and Barclays Premier she did not qualify for the 100,000 in addition. She opened both Avios Plus and Barclays Premier in November 2022. She followed the conditions in in the Ts&Cs for the Barclays Premier current account 25,000 points offer as below:

“To qualify for the 25,000 Avios joining bonus, you’ll need to join Barclays Avios Rewards – within 4 months of opening your first Barclays current account. Then, you’ll need to complete a full switch of your old current account to us, using the Current Account Switch Service – within 3 months of joining Barclays Avios Rewards. You will then receive your joining bonus in the fourth month of Barclays Avios Rewards membership.”

She joined Avios Rewards in January (well within 4 months of opening the account) and did a current account switch. She received her 25,000 avios for that part of the offer. She also received 25,000 avios from Barclaycard for meeting the spend criteria for that offer. Barclays are now saying that despite this she does not qualify for the 100,000 because she did not join Barclays Avios Rewards before 30 November (ie there were different terms re Avios Rewards timing for the 100,000) I don’t recall seeing this at the time and it seems odd.

Interested if anyone else has come up against this or whether anyone joined Avios rewards after 30 November and did get the 100,000.

Thanks

Dark Horse 12 posts

Has anyone had a similar experience to this?:….We have just been told on the app chat that my wife does not qualify for the 100,000 because although she met all the conditions to qualify for the 25,000 for each of Barclaycard Avios Plus and Barclays Premier she did not qualify for the 100,000 in addition. She opened both Avios Plus and Barclays Premier in November 2022. She followed the conditions in in the Ts&Cs for the Barclays Premier current account 25,000 points offer as below:

“To qualify for the 25,000 Avios joining bonus, you’ll need to join Barclays Avios Rewards – within 4 months of opening your first Barclays current account. Then, you’ll need to complete a full switch of your old current account to us, using the Current Account Switch Service – within 3 months of joining Barclays Avios Rewards. You will then receive your joining bonus in the fourth month of Barclays Avios Rewards membership.”

She joined Avios Rewards in January (well within 4 months of opening the account) and did a current account switch. She received her 25,000 avios for that part of the offer. She also received 25,000 avios from Barclaycard for meeting the spend criteria for that offer. Barclays are now saying that despite this she does not qualify for the 100,000 because she did not join Barclays Avios Rewards before 30 November (ie there were different terms re Avios Rewards timing for the 100,000) I don’t recall seeing this at the time and it seems odd.

Interested if anyone else has come up against this or whether anyone joined Avios rewards after 30 November and did get the 100,000.

Thanks

Does anyone have a copy of the original Ts&Cs of the 100,000 offer as was on the barclays website at the time. Maybe I just missed the fact that these were different as I focused on carefully meeting the 25,000 avios offer conditions without realising the 100,000 ones were different.

JDB 4,386 posts

I think there is a confusion between the terms of the Premier welcome bonus and the 100k promotion. The requirement to switch within three months and open the Avios Rewards within four months relates to the account opening, not the 100k promotion for which there was a different timetable. The terms below from the 100k promotion leaflet explain this. It is a somewhat mean as the 25k bonus was in fact paid to non switchers.

What is the Avios Bonus
    The Avios Bonus is 100,000 Avios for eligible customers and is in addition to any Avios Welcome Bonus for Barclaycard Avios Plus or Joining Bonus for Barclays Avios Rewards which you may qualify for.
    You will only receive one Avios Bonus where you meet the eligibility criteria.

When you’ll be eligible for the Avios Bonus
    You will be eligible for the Avios Bonus when you hold a Barclaycard Avios Plus card and Barclays Avios Rewards, provided that you open or join one or both of those products during the Qualifying Period. You’ll still be eligible if you open or join them by switching from another product during the Qualifying Period.
    You must also continue to hold both products for four months from the date of the product you’ve opened or joined most recently.”

RCHammer 64 posts

At last! Checked today and the 100k Avios bonus has finally arrived 🙂

tontoro 106 posts

Just got my 100k, am I the last?!

Had to do an official complaint in the end, that got it sorted fairly quickly. Also got £100 compensation for the blatant lies their other support teams had been telling me for months.

Dils 1 post

My wife and I have a joint Barclays Premier Bank Account.
    She applied and was accepted for card and we followed all their rules.
    After numerous chasing and raising formal complaint, they have now refused to honour the 100k with the explanation being that the Avios rewards has been switched on in my name and not my wife’s on our Joint Bank Account.

As I understand only one person can switch this on and this was done long before this offer when we opened the bank account.

Has anyone else experienced issues in regards to this? Surely having a Barclays Bank account, rewards being switched on should suffice?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.