Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Destination advice Zika-free January travel – where can I go?

• AndyF 6 posts

I’m looking in vain for a Zika free holiday. Ideally on a beach where my wife can flop. She’s very drained from her NHS job and she is 23 weeks pregnant so we need to be careful of Zika.
    This is basically all the Caribbean out which is frustrating and the Maldives. Also terrible lack of advice out there surrounding Zika.
    We’ve consider Dubai but it looks to cold. Mauritius or the Seychelles the weather doesn’t look good I’ve been told the wet season. For the prices we would hate to waste money and sit in the cloudy rain.
    Has anyone had similar experience or have you been to the Seychelles or Mauritius in January and found it good? Any destination ideas would be appreciated. Ultimately relaxing is top of the list with sun.

Lady London 2,024 posts

I guess South Africa and Zanzibar are out? Hawaii via Dallas to get the nice plane to Hawaii too far?

How essential is heat? If Dubai is too cold…. ?!

AndyF 6 posts

The temperatures I’ve researched says Dubai has highs of 22 in January. Comfortable to sightsee but not really sunbathing weather.

We had Hawaii booked last year for our honeymoon but had to cancel it. We feel currently it’s just a bit to much on a plane getting to LAX and a further 5.5 hours from there. So we are going to have to do that one with a child in toe.
    Thanks, I’ll research Zanzibar too see if It’s an option

Gareth 28 posts

There’s a zika map here.
    https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/page/zika-travel-information

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    AndyGWP 275 posts

Miami or elsewhere around South Florida / Gulf Coast

Don’t think Zika has been seen there since around 2015?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.