Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other London life Zipcar experience post move?

• sloth 315 posts

Hi, anyone have any experiences with zipcar post the move? In particular with regards to picking a car up after landing, when did you reserve the car and how quick was the courtesy bus etc? Thanks

Mouse 173 posts

Planning to give drop-off a go on Wednesday. For pick-up, the Zipcar website suggests booking when you get on the bus as that’s less that 15 mins from pick-up.

Carlos 758 posts

where is the new location?

Richie 987 posts

I’ve done drop off and collect at the new location.
    The bus was waiting at T5 bus stop 25, so we got on and I then reserved the car on the bus using the app. The journey was quick, but there wasn’t much traffic at all.
    I can see problems when it’s raining hard compared to the dry previous location.
    I’ll use it again until crossrail opens, try crossrail and then compare.

sloth 315 posts

Thanks all, returning to T5 on Sunday night but around 10pm ish so will see how I get on and report back

LLovesLondon 3 posts

Good evening, considering using Zipcar for the first time, would anyone have a referral code I could use please? Thank you in advance!! Lindsay

Gavin454 159 posts

Thanks all, returning to T5 on Sunday night but around 10pm ish so will see how I get on and report back

Did you manage to use it? I arrived slightly earlier on Sunday and there were no Zipcars available for pickup. Checked multiple times over 45 minutes or so.

Richie 987 posts

Were you searching using ‘Holiday Inn London – Heathrow Bath Road, an IHG Hotel, 276 Bath Road, West Drayton, England’ or Heathrow T5? The app seems to not search wide enough if you just put in Heathrow T5.

sloth 315 posts

Did you manage to use it? I arrived slightly earlier on Sunday and there were no Zipcars available for pickup. Checked multiple times over 45 minutes or so.

yes, complete waste of time…landed around 10pm, checked the Zipcar app on the plane and there was 1 car only which I knew I would never get to in time, especially as the ground crew bought the wrong steps to the plane and had to change them…anyway once through immigration I checked again and nothing available. kept checking whilst walking to the bus stop and whilst speaking to the courtesy bus driver who said he believed there had been no cars for last 2 hours and had 10 people like me asking the same question…:) gave up as didn’t want to miss the last tube (was 11pm st this point).

had the same issue when we returned to T5 back in jan as well so seems they are completely unreliable now and a waste of time. is a shame as I used to use them a lot pre pandemic but if they can’t provide the service on 2/2 opportunities that I tried I certainly won’t be relying on them anymore. will ring and complain and give them chance to see what they say…

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Richie 987 posts

At the previous T5 location I experienced cars being reserved for pick up and that reservation being continually extended. I remember standing by 3 cars waiting for their reservations to expire, I called Zipcar and they couldn’t help, I waited about 35 mins until one car eventually became available.

sloth 315 posts

just phoned the “helpline” who were, as expected, completely useless and clueless. have raised as a complaint but fully expect they will just stick their had in the sand and ignore it. maybe I should have reserved the one I saw whilst I was on the plane and then reserved it it numerous times but was trying to do the right thing…stupid me 🙂

is a shame as it was a good method of getting to and from T5, now its just a waste of time

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Richie 987 posts

…. maybe I should have reserved the one I saw whilst I was on the plane and then reserved it it numerous times…

Others have been doing that, particularly at peak pick up periods.

KP 27 posts

Good evening, considering using Zipcar for the first time, would anyone have a referral code I could use please? Thank you in advance!! Lindsay

https://zipcar.mention-me.com/m/wa/zc8sn-d79034ec39

dahokolomoki 103 posts

A word of warning: the bus from the T1-3 Central Bus Station, at times it can be a 20 minute wait.

And for those looking to reserve numerous times
    .. I think the Zipcar app limits you to two reservations a day. So beware that you can’t keep daisy chaining reservations.

jordanm2 5 posts

I did a zipcar drop off at the new location the other week. Although it’s much more inconvenient than being able to drop it straight at T5 last week i was flying from T3. They also have shuttles directly to T3 from the holiday inn, even though the app says T5 drop off’s only.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.