£5 for a £10 Tesco gift card and a ‘3,000 Avios for £60 Tesco grocery spend’ code

There are two interesting Tesco deals running at the moment:

Pay £5 for a £10 Tesco gift card via Mighty Deals

EDIT: Now sold out

Via the Mighty Deals website, you can currently buy a £10 Tesco gift card for just £5.  The site runs these sort of deals on a regular basis and they are generally reliable.

If you want to take part, here is how to do it:

Step One – Create a Mighty Deals account by going here

This is my referral link.  If you sign up via this link then I get a credit which can be spent on the Mighty Deals site.  I don’t get any real money!  Thank you.

Step Two – If you have a TopCashback account, visit TopCashback at this page and click through to Mighty Deals

This will earn you 42p cashback!  If you are not already a TCB member, my refer-a-friend sign-up link is here.

Step Three – buy your £10 Tesco giftcard for £5 from Mighty Deals

All done.  It is a relatively easy way to save £5.42 if you regularly shop in Tesco.  Thanks to Frenske.

A Tesco home delivery van

3,000 Avios with a £60 grocery shop

Tesco has launched another promotional code for Tesco grocery shopping, this time via a tie-up with moneysavingexpert.com.  Oddly, this is the same code that was being circulated by vouchercodes.co.uk back in March.

1,250 bonus Clubcard points on a £60 grocery spend

Code is XXFHML

Code expires on Sunday 26th April – you need to receive the delivery, or do ‘click and collect’, by this date.  This doesn’t give you much time so you would need to get an order placed ASAP.

This code is aimed at customers whose accounts have not had a Tesco Grocery order before.

It will also work OK if you have not done a Tesco Grocery order for some time, potentially a year or so. I got it to work successfully on my account as the screenshot below shows.

The quickest way to see if the ‘new customer’ code works on an existing account is to go to the Tesco grocery site and do a dummy order for £60 (search for ‘veuve’ and put two bottles in your basket!). Click checkout, select a random delivery slot, go to the payment page (do not put in a credit card number) and enter the code. The box is halfway down the payment page.

If it has worked, you will see this on your screen:

Tesco3

The voucher is then stored on your account. You do NOT need to complete the dummy order – the code will still be there if you do another grocery order later on.

If the code does not work on your account, you may want to consider opening a new Tesco Clubcard account just for this transaction. I would only do this if the account is in a different name to your other account – hopefully someone who shares a BA household account with you so that you can transfer the points to Avios and access them yourself. Another option would be to use a work address or another family member.

It is NOT recommended to have multiple accounts in your own name at the same address.

If you don’t want to order your groceries from Tesco, consider spending £60 on some wine, nappies, dishwasher tablets or other expensive branded items which you buy anyway. It is a very easy 3,000 Avios or 3,125 Virgin Flying Club miles if you only buy items you need anyway.

Introducing SPG Hot Escapes .... a weekly list of discounted hotel deals
Tesco offering targeted 24,000 Avios for opening their bank account .... general offer on the way?

Comments

1. I tried the same offer with mighty deals last year. They shipped me a gift card (this took them some time). When I went to tesco I found at the till it had no credit, many emails and promises to top it up later (not done) – I gave up and reversed the card charge.
    I won’t be using them again.

• Michael says:

I received 24 of the 25 gift cards I ordered from them last year. All had the full £10 credit and arrived within 14 days.

2. Tesco code worked here on my account that I’ve not used in almost 8 years.

3. pat butcher says:

OT:-

Raffles, do you think we have seen the last of the 10,000-25,000 offers when you take out a mobile phone contract? Has been a while since I remember seeing one.
    Thanks.

• Good question. I had 10,000 last time and have two contracts to renew. I didn’t realise it ever got as high as 25,000 though!

• Tesco Phone Shop has been closed down, unfortunately

• Thanks. So this means no more 10,000 clubcard points for phone contracts? Pity.

On the other hand, it also means no more Tesco Phone Shop. They were utterly, utterly useless at post-sales support and deserved to fail.

• Closed down? It was still open in the Cirencester store today!

4. Mighty Deals are a scam. Tried these things 3 times, never received anything.

Scam – avoid.

• Agree. There’s a reason why they’re banned on HUKD.

• I’ve also had some problems with Mighty Deals. Ordered two £10 tesco vouchers the last time this promotion ran.

It took 3 months for them to eventually arrive, and when they did, one wouldn’t work at the till. I’d steer clear.

5. Mighty Deals says Deal No Longer Available now

6. Singing Dwarf says:

This code (XXFHML) is now valid until 31/05/15

7. David says:

I have just received an email from Mighty Deals regarding the £10 Tesco gift card for £5 deal. It includes the following text:

“This offer is a special reward for our loyal customers and as an extra bonus we£re giving you another £5 free Mighty Cash to spend at Mighty Deals!

Make sure you spend your £5 Mighty Cash before 15th May 2015 in order to guarantee your Tesco Digital Gift Card. As per our T&Cs, please note that failure to use the £5 Mighty Cash bonus may result in a full refund of your £5 purchase.”

In the small print T&Cs of their website is the following paragraph:

“HIGH STREET OFFERS / LOSS LEADERS
    From time to time Mighty Deals will run loss leader offers. These are designed to reward our loyal customers and to attract new subscribers and customers to the hundreds of live deals and fantastic discounts we have across Gadgets & Gifts, Home & Garden, Health & Beauty, Getaways and much more. Strictly one voucher per customer for loss leader deals. Before loss leader vouchers are redeemed Mighty Deals reserves the right at our sole discretion to refund any customers who have purchased multiple vouchers and for those subscribers or customers who we believe are not active or engaged . A free £5 Mighty Cash will also be offered as way of activating a customer/ subscriber. In addition any customer refunded will also be issued with a free £5 Mighty Cash voucher.”

In my opinion this clause was/is rather hidden. A key condition of sale such as this should surely have been prominently displayed on the deal page for consideration prior to purchase. If it was then I missed it. Mighty Deals do indicate that refunds will be provided if the gift card is not issued, but the promotion would be disappointing if so. The clause is effectively requiring people to make a further purchase to “guarantee” the card, or to risk the sale being refunded. There is also no indication of what constitutes “active or engaged” activity.

• David says:

I should add that this is my interpretation of the email. I do not intend to make a further purchase simply to “activate” the voucher.

8. BlueThroughCrimp says:

The email I received was :-
    Dear Customer,

Unfortunately after purchasing the £10 for £5 Tesco Digital Gift Card you unsubscribed as a Mighty Deals customer.
    As per our deal terms this offer is strictly for loyal customers and new customers.
    We have refunded your card in full. Please allow 5 to 7 days for your refund to clear.

I never knowingly unsubscribed…

• What?!

• BlueThroughCrimp says:

Today’s email from Mighty Deals…

Dear Customer,

We recently incorrectly emailed you to say that you had been unsubscribed from Mighty Deals after you purchased our £10 Tesco Gift Card offer. We made a mistake and would like to apologise.

We have experienced a large number of duplicate accounts being made to purchase multiple Tesco Gift Cards. In amongst the accounts that we unsubscribed, your account was unsubscribed in error.

Your account has been reinstated with immediate effect and you will still receive your Tesco £10 for £5 Gift Card redemption link on May 15th. No further action is required.

Again, please do accept our apologies for any confusion we have caused. It has always been in our best interest to offer our 50% off the High Street deals to genuine customers.

• Same here for me and my wife re the “unsubscribed” issue. Neither of us can remember specifically unsubscribing , but I guess it’s possible if they were sending us marketing bumf. Sounds to me like they’ve been over-subscribed and are trying to wriggle out.

• Report them to Trading Standards. If this is a way to get out of providing stuff, they need a good slapping.

9. Kieran says:

I received the exact same email earlier today and also didn’t unsubscribe. Something vey fishy going on. MSE appear to have an article on this…