Bits: Avios launches targetted Super Boost promo, Lloyds brings back refer-a-friend!

News in brief:

Avios launches new targetted Super Boost promotion

avios.com launched a new promotion yesterday to encourage you to increase your Avios collecting this spring.

Super Boost is a targetted offer which has gone to a minority of members.  None of my family have received anything.  If you didn’t get it, there is nothing you can do about it.

You need to opt in by the end of February and then collect a specific number of Avios before the end of April.  Irrespective of when you register, all earning from 1st January counts towards your target.

The bonuses are based on your previous earning activity and vary sharply.  For example, I saw one offering:

1,500 Avios for earning 18,000 points or 3,000 Avios for earning 25,000 points

but another reader got:

200 Avios for earning 400 points or 400 Avios for earning 600 points

Quite a difference!

Avios from all air and non-air partners count towards your target.  There is no leeway on the receipt of Avios, however – they must be in your account by 30th April.  If you have the Lloyds credit card, check what date your points hit to ensure that you don’t spend unnecessarily in the final month.

The easiest way to hit your target is probably from a Tesco Clubcard conversion although the cut-off date for the next voucher run is Thursday 26th January.  This means that you will struggle to do anything quickly to earn additional points this quarter.

Be careful about crediting British Airways flights to avios.com because you not receive any elite status bonus that BAEC would give and your tier points will be lost.

Bonus Avios will be credited to accounts by 31st May.  The full terms and conditions are here.

Lloyds Avios Rewards credit card refer-a-friend bonus is back!

I wrote an article yesterday moaning about the loss of the refer-a-friend bonus on the Lloyds Avios Rewards credit card

This definitely seemed to have died. I saw two separate tweets sent by Lloyds to Head for Points readers confirming it.

And then, a few hours after my article appeared, it was relaunched!  You can, yet again, receive 4,500 Avios points when you are referred for the Lloyds Avios Rewards card.

Meanwhile, I have been sent a document showing potential plans for the future of the Lloyds Avios Rewards card.  More on this tomorrow …..

50% off in the Corinthia Hotels annual sale - and status benefits via GHA
Paying tax on 31st January? Remember HMRC credit card fees have been slashed!

Comments

1. I got 200 boost for 500 Avios or 400 boost for 2000 Avios.

I’m glad you posted this article because I thought they were just examples given in the email as opposed to my own personal target. Was trying to figure out how to select a target! But yeah, a max 400 Avios boost points it’s better than nothing but not the most exciting offer in the world.

• Same offer for me. I think of it as a temporary restoration of the TCB 25% conversion bonus (convert ~£20 from TCB, 5% bonus, plus 400 points is effectively a further 20%).

2. No avios email received here

3. 500 for 200 super boost Avios, 2000 for 400. Earnt around 150k Avios in the last year. I keep meaning to sign up Mrs G for an Avios a/c. Will do it today.

• Wally1976 says:

My wife got this; I got nowt :-(

• So how does it work? iv got collect 500 receive 200 and on my wife’s account collect 1000 receive 100 and 1500 – 200. I have a load of clubcard vouchers so should I convert these using this offer?
      Do you only get this once eg convert 500 worth of vouchers and receive 200 extra avios?

4. OT: Did anyone get the bonus avios for renting with avis and iberia early december? got the standard avios through this weekend but no sign of the bonus ones

5. Collect 500 Receive 50
    or
    Collect 2000 Receive 100

Ridiculous.

6. Gin and Tonic Please says:

OT. Can someone share the exact wording of the Mayfair Pizza Amex offer? Really enjoyed my trip there on last year’s offer, but sadly didn’t get it this time. Would like to see if Amex CS will add to my account. Thanks

• MAYFAIR PIZZA CO
      £25 back
      Spend £50 or more, get £25 back
      Save to Card to get a £25 statement credit on a transaction of £50+ in-restaurant at Mayfair Pizza Co by 2 April 2017. Valid once per Card. Terms and payment restrictions apply.

7. My higher offer was 1,200 bonus for earning 3,000 Avios. Better than nothing (which is what my wife has been offered…), though the 12k bonus some have reported on would have been great!

8. I must be very lucky. Collect 18,000 and receive 6,000 or collect 25,000 and receive 12,000. Needless to say I converted my near expiring Tesco Clubcard vouchers. Won’t get too excited until I see the credit though! I have a combined account with my wife (we have separate logins) but only I received the email – can’t/won’t complain though!

• czechoslovakia says:

11.Household accounts (if selected to participate) will be treated as one account for the purposes of this promotion with all collection counting towards allocated target.

• Time to split them into separate accounts then 😉

9. ankomonkey says:

“I wrote an article yesterday moaning…” When I initially read this I assumed it was a typo and should have said “…yesterday morning…” It then reminded me of the policeman on ‘Allo ‘Allo whose main gag was to say “good moaning” instead of “good morning”. I thought Rob may have been using that gag, then realised what he meant.

10. czechoslovakia says:

Morning all.
    I got:
    8500=2000bonus
    11000=4000bonus
    on a fairly well used account. Better than a kick in the teeth.
    Wife got zip, despite 0 balance and 0 earned in 12 months

• I don’t get the logic, surely its supposed to be a target to challenge you to collect more!

My offers were 500/50 or 2000/100.

I use Avios.com for anything eStore wise and have just over 2k pending, I’ve collected 1,300 since Jan 1st and they know that my Avios collected from my Lloyds Duo Mastercard get dumped in there monthly at around 500-750 p/m (I use BAPP and PRG for Amex) so I cannot see why they gave me this offer. If it was collect 18k or 25k to get XX I could see the point but I pulled in 150k+ in the last 12 months via Avios.com so they know I’ll hit 2k well within the three months.

Out of interest I asked them on online chat earlier why I was chosen for that offer when others were being target at an amount that was actually a challenge like 25k, their reply “its based on your account activity”.

They need a new mathamatician.

11. Holger S. says:

I got offered 4K bonus for 11K Avios points. Could I transfer from my Amex Platinum account which I have never transferred from?

12. Collect
    5500 Avios Receive 600 Super Boost – that’s what i got..

13. My offer:
    Collect 4500, get 300
    Collect 5500, get 600

Not too impressed with that, but better than nothing I suppose.

14. I got nothing. Presumably because I moved a bunch of Avios across from BAEC recently.

15. chris1922 says:

8500 + 2000 bonus. Might struggle to reach that TBH, despite CC conversion and an 2K erewards award due.

16. No superboost email or target.
    OT – has anyone received the Aer Lingus pre-registration points.

17. I got:
    Collect 8,500, bonus 2,000
    Collect 11,000, bonus 4,000
    which seems the more decent of the many varieties offered.

18. OT was just about to use Tesco Direct via TCB but it would appear they are no longer offering cashback. Not sure if this is temporary or permanent. Nothing on Quidco either.

19. i got 200 get 100!!!

think it might have something to do with how many you have already. I only had 200

20. I got nothing unfortunately :(