Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Another Amex / Foursquare update

Here are a few more snippits from my Foursquare adventures to date, for those who are following this:

Foursquare

I have now successfully received cashback for supplementary Amex cards on an account, as well as on the main account. Very nice!

The Liberty offer (‘spend £50, receive £25’) is now working and can be ‘loaded’ onto your Foursquare account. If there is nothing you need, buy a £50 gift card and use it for cosmetics next time you need some.

The Tesco offer (‘spend £50, receive £10’) only works at Tesco Metro stores. If you have struggled to find the offer on Foursquare, that is why. You need to search for (and presumably spend in) a Metro.

Reader Andrew tweeted me to suggest buying the £50 Visa giftcards sold in some Tesco branches. These can be used anywhere that accepts Visa, so are easy to use. There is a £3.95 fee to buy one, but you are still £6.05 plus 12 Clubcard points in profit! (Personally I will stick with buying £50 of branded gift cards and getting 150 bonus Clubcard points along with my £10 cashback, but it is a sound idea if you cannot find gift cards in store for somewhere you go.)

The Gap offer (‘spend £10, receive £10’) is still not working again despite being plugged in the Amex email last weekend (EDIT – overnight this seems to have been fixed, see Comments)

My Harvey Nichols stash now stands at 2 bottle of £27.50 wine, 1 x £25 gift card and a £26 shower gel! Three more cards to go!

Comments (51)

• Johnny5a says:

Bought £75 gift vouchers yesterday with my 3 cards. Almost bagged another £25 but they wanted to see the card … it’s my wife’s card

• Raffles says:

Very nice! So Tesco gift cards can be used on Direct online, I assume?

• Trickster says:

Anyone having issues with the foursquare app no longer showing the special for Tesco, Starbucks and harvey nics when checking in? As far as I’m aware these specials run unt 31st.

• Akhil Gupta says:

Just decided to give this a go – cant see specials for harvey nics – no load to card thing either

• Raffles says:

I saw a similar report on Flyertalk … not sure what is happening

• trickster says:

Hmmm, worrying. I have several other Harvey Nics opportunities to take advantage of, but only up to Friday wehn I finish work.

I have done a check-in a Tesco on an account that hasn;t had the credit yet, then done the necessary spend, but did get th eload to card option. However, no confirmation message in the app as in the past. If this credits I shall report back.

• Johnny5a says:

Hmm I managed to load the card on Friday evening, double checked it on Saturday and the system said “already loaded” – we made the purchase of gift vouchers on Saturday, no notification on Foursquare, I will chase it up with them on Tuesday.

• Rich says:

Has anyone had an offer not track through correctly? Is there a process for raising a claim? Couldn’t seem to find anything online..

• Dominic says:

Where has FourSquare gone?? I have tried to use it today, and none of the shops I logged into had the Amex offers anymore – Harvey N, HMV, Tesco, Liberty…. Hugely disappointing, as I thought it was running to 31 Dec.