Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Last chance to get your 500 free Membership Rewards points!

Just a quick reminder – especially for anyone who has only recently got an American Express Platinum or Preferred Rewards Gold card – that 31st December is the last day to claim your 500 Membership Rewards transfer bonus.

All you need to do is make any Membership Rewards transfer before the end of the year, to receive 500 bonus points.

My original post on the deal is here.

500 points

I did this a few weeks ago and have already received my 500 points. Unfortunately, you won’t be able to register a new Membership Rewards partner before the 31st (it takes 10 days or so to link the accounts), so the only way to take part would be to transfer to a partner that is already linked to your MR account.

Comments (11)

• Roger says:

For those wanting to transfer one whole MR to Nectar – 1 is the minimum for this partner! – and have yet to sign up, don’t be put off my the AmEx blurb that new partner links take 7-14 days to be validated.

Mrs Roger signed up this morning and made an immediate transfer to Nectar. Her MR balance is reduced by 1 so presumably she can look forward to her 500 MR bonus in due course, as I did. 🙂

• Colin says:

Thanks Raffles,
    Just signed up my Nectar card this morn and MR down by 1 point!
    Missed the email and your first post – now just off on my last DC redemption, Swiss F to Dar
    Thanks for everything.

• ZHYOO says:

if you call the customer service to register a new Membership Rewards partner, it would be accepted on the same day.I did this couple of days ago, my flying blue account is ready to use now.

• Andy says:

Nectar card registered imediatly this morning and 1 point transferred. Thanks Raffles.
    Note: Only put in the last 11 numbers of the Nectar card, if you put in the full account number you will get an error.

• Scott Nelson says:

Thanks Raffles, almost missed this one!

Nectar Card registration is a 5min jobby, and linking it with your amex was done within a couple of hours.

I always do a 2 second mental calculation to make sure it’s actually worth my time to redeem these deals. They usually are!

All this bonus points collection is addictive!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

• FanofPoints says:

Yeah did the same thing for a newly enrolled Nectar card – fingers crossed that it works! 🙂
    Thanks Raffles and everyone!

• Rda says:

Will see if it works with new nectar card, if not I’ve only lost 1 mr

Thanks!

• Scott H says:

Does anyone know if the offer is valid for those in the USA?