Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Instant ‘Le Club Accorhotels’ Platinum status is back (again)

Accor has brought back a sign-up link that gives you instant Platinum status in its Le Club Accorhotels loyalty programme.  This will be very handy if you ever stay at a Novotel, Sofitel, M Gallery, Mercure etc.

The link is here.  It does not mention Platinum status, but trust me that your account will immediately show you as Platinum.

You need to create a new account, so if you already have one you will need to abandon it and get a new one.  The email address you use must be one that Accor does not already have on file.

The benefits of Platinum status can be found here – they are not life changing, but certainly worth having (upgrade, 5pm check-out etc).  And you may be able to use your Platinum status here to get a status match with another hotel chain ….

It may also come in handy if you book one of the ‘Happy Monday’ discount rates I mentioned on Monday and which are due to run each Monday for a while.

Comments (11)

• Flashware says:

As soon as you type in your email address an error comes up “The given promotion code is not usable anymore”

• This seems to be dead already, error received saying offer no longer valid after entering e-mail address

• Moroz, Catherine says:

Just did it but did not get Platinum…just classic…

• Chun Kuo says:

· The given promotion code is not usable anymore

• Raffles says:

Yes, sorry, seems to have been pulled overnight. Highly likely it will return in some form soon, I will rush out a post next time so people don’t miss out.

• Tony says:

Will the hotel staff know that the Plat status was gained in this manner? I ask because I have never stepped in an Accor Hotel in my life, but a Plat would be expected to be a frequent stayer already…

• Raffles says:

No. Although some hotel programmes let check-in staff see your points balance as well as your status, which of course will be zero!

• George the Travel Monkey says:

If you can get one of these links to work it is definitely worth it. Just used my Le Club Platinum I got from one of these links a couple of months ago to status match to Club Carlson Gold Elite. Just sent them an email with a few screenshots asking for a match. Haven’t stayed at either hotel yet this year but with an upcoming stay this weekend at Radisson Blu Champs Elysees I can’t wait to take advantage of any Gold status benefits coming my way! I think loyalty lobby can send a link your way if you ask nicely.