It’s back – the most (in)famous of Tesco’s regular bonus Clubcard promotions!
Five years ago, Tesco Life Insurance was a licence to print Avios (or BA Miles, as they were then). You got 4,500 Clubcard points per policy, you could take out as many policies as you wanted, and you only needed to make one £5 payment before you received the points. Happy days indeed!
The offer today comes with a longer list of terms and conditions. It still represents good value, though.
This Tesco webpage is your starting point.
And here are the key things you need to know:
- This promotion is only available to the under-50’s – if you are over 50 you need to apply for their separate over-50’s policy which has a £7 per month minimum premium
- You must pay three monthly premiums (the lowest is £5) before you qualify for the points.
- You must be over 18 and a UK resident
- You may be asked to go for a medical before you policy is accepted if you disclose any existing health conditions. Even if you disclose no previous health issues, you may be randomly selected to attend a medical.
- There is quite a bit of paperwork associated with this promotion.
The application form is here and you need to use code LIFE50PTSP1 when applying.
(Do not be confused by the separate Critical Illness policy which also offers 3,500 points. That carries more risk of a medical examination and has separate terms and conditions, one of which is that Tesco can take back your points if you cancel within 6 months. Stick to Life Insurance.)
Enter £5 per month as the amount you want to pay, and select a short period of, say, 5 years for the policy. (You can still cancel at any time. However, the price is locked in for the period you select.)
All in all, it is a very good deal. Even at the basic Clubcard to Avios conversion rate, you will receive (3,500 x 2.4 =) 8,400 Avios for your £15 of premiums. The downside is the paperwork you need to complete, of course.
The closing date for applications under this offer is 21st May.
How to earn Avios from UK credit cards (June 2021)
As a reminder, there are various ways of earning Avios from UK credit cards. Many cards also have generous sign-up bonuses!
There are two official British Airways American Express cards:
You can also get generous sign-up bonuses by applying for American Express cards which earn Membership Rewards points, such as:
We also recommend Capital On Tap for limited companies. You earn 1 Avios per £1 which is impressive for a Visa card:
Click here to read our detailed summary of all UK credit cards which earn Avios. This includes both personal and small business cards.
(Want to earn more Avios? Click here to visit our home page for our latest articles on earning and spending your Avios points and click here to see how to earn more Avios this month from offers and promotions.)