Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

ANOTHER Priority Club double points promotion launches (probably stackable)

UPDATE – NOVEMBER 2020:  This article is now out of date, but don’t worry.  We produce a monthly summary of the top hotel bonus point offers – please click HERE or use the ‘Hotel Offers’ menu above.

Click here for our article on IHG’s current ‘2x’ double points promotion which runs until 15th December 2020. You can register for the offer by clicking here and adding promo code 44480.

IHG is also offering a 40% discount when you buy points until 13th November 2020. The website to buy points, and find out more, is here.

Last week I wrote about the ‘official’ June and July promotion from Priority Club, the Holiday Inn / Crowne Plaza / InterContinental loyalty scheme.  It offers double (base) points on all stays after your first stay during the period.

Slightly oddly, Priority Club has now launched a NEW ‘double points’ promotion with entirely different rules!  In my experience, it is highly likely you can register for both and get the points.

You will find details of the promotion and how to register here.

Carlton exterior

Here are the basics:

Valid only on stays in Europe (such as the Carlton in Cannes, above)

Stays include a midweek (Monday to Thursday) night

Must stay between 17 June and 31 August

Must register before 31 July

Double (base) points received once only, on the next stay after registration

There is clearly room here for some strategic thinking.  It would make sense to avoid registering if your next stay will be a relatively cheap one, and wait until you are about to check in for an expensive one.  (Although remember that European InterContinental hotels only give a flat 2,000 points per stay.)

There are also a new run of ‘stay x nights, get y points’ codes out that I will cover in a day or so.

IHG Rewards Club update – November 2020:

Get bonus points: IHG’s current promotion is ‘2x’, which runs until 15th December 2020. You can learn more in our article here. You can register here using promo code 44480.

New to IHG Rewards Club?  Read our two-part overview of IHG Rewards Club here and here and our article on expiry rules here.

Buy points: If you need additional IHG Rewards Club points, you can buy them here.

Want to earn more hotel points?  Click here to see our complete list of promotions from IHG and the other major hotel chains or use the ‘Hotel Promos’ link in the menu bar at the top of the page.

Comments (10)

• James67 says:

On topic of pc I note this morning that black visa is now 30k points plus a free night. Did not resd full details as I am currently travelling..

• Rob says:

I saw that as well. But the 40k link on the Credit Cards Update page still seems to work, and there is already a 30k Black link as well on there (may even be the same link).

• flibbly says:

I also got a email from PC yesterday (targetted I think) for 10,000 bonus points if I stay 7 nights before end of July.

Duly registered but I’m very unlikely to do it as I only use them as a fall back option.

• Thunderbirds says:

These romotional codes are specific to recipients. I got the 15,000 bonus points for 10 nights before the end of July version. Ideal really as I already have 9 nights plugged in. With the ‘official’ double points offer as well the next two months will be quite proftable. I’ve just finished one of these promotions and clocked up 30,000 points.
    I’ve been lucky with the point breaks this quarter so I’m currently clocking 1.2p per point which isn’t bad.

• Rob says:

They always say that … they rarely are, whatever they say.

• Thunderbirds says:

Yes my words went wrong there, I meant to imply that the e-mails are targeted not the promotions themselves!

• trickster says:

Not bonus points related, but my PC statement email had a link to a deal for 50% off a two night stay at many HI, HI Express & Crowne Plaza hotels throughout the UK for the Summer. Book by 31st July, for stays from 24th June – 8th September. Non-refundable of course.

I did notice that the bookings say no points will be awarded though. Would that include bonus promotion code points?

• Rob says:

Yes, because if it posts as a non qualifying stay then no points or bonuses are triggered.

However, a lot of hotels DO post these stays as qualifying. The only rates which never post as qualifying are ‘friends and family’ ie tinyurl.com/ihgjenni

• Jens Moller says:

I received a mail yesterday with their 50% summer deal (2 nights). Some decent deals here and here…

Jens

• ourkidc says:

Disappointed with the PC Visa – applied, accepted then a day later account closed?? Very odd and no idea why.