Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

EXPIRED: £5 off £10 Amazon purchase with MasterCard

EDIT: Deal now dead!

Apologies for this slightly off-topic additional post, but this is an excellent deal which will only be around for a very short time I think.

And, hey, I’ve got Amazon affiliate links!  And a few travel MasterCard cards ….

Amazon and MasterCard are running a great deal today.  You receive £5 off a purchase of £10 or more when you use the code MCARD5OFF.

I have just tested this a few minutes ago and it works fine.

Amazon 6

The rules appear to be:

You can only buy items sold by Amazon, not by third parties

You CANNOT buy gift vouchers

£10 is, coincidentally, now the cut-off point for free Super Saver Delivery so you won’t pay any postage either.

You can visit Amazon via this link – Head for Points will make a few pennies (literally!) on your purchase to help keep us ticking over!  Thank you.

(Thanks to the two people who posted this in the comments)

Comments (50)

• Chris says:

Well that was all very quick & easy, ta very much for the share!

• HelenWB says:

Hmm, didn’t work for me unfortunately!

• squills says:

For those struggling to make it work, the whole £10 (or more) needs to be delivered by Amazon. One of my purchases yesterday had a £9.99 item and a 1p SIM card – at first it would not go through. Then I switched to a 1p SIM card FROM AMAZON and it was fine.

• Roger says:

Perhaps I’m too late?

Just tried 2 MasterCards (one established, one new) for a £13.59 transaction using the referral link and got his message for both.

– There was a problem
    – The promotional code you entered cannot be applied to your purchase.

• jac says:

I just received my HSBC premier mastercard. so hopefully todays purchase will also earn me 12500 miles. Thank you twice Raffles! (you should receive some pennies for using your link)

• Scotty says:

Does it have to be £10 exactly or is it a minimum £10 spend? I don’t mind either way but it would be more useful on a £30 gift 🙂

• Daniel says:

I think the item might need to be purchased from Amazon, rather than via a third party via the Amazon site?

I tested 2 purchases – one for a book (worked fine), one for a pair of shoes (third party), didn’t work?

• Will Davis says:

Just a cheeky tip, if your order comes to £9.99 just add on a 1p sim card, it’s what i did last night to up it to the £10 limit 😉

• ms says: