Book TODAY for Good Friday 2016 Avios redemptions

The experienced Avios collector will already have today marked in their diary.  For the rest of you, you should know that today is 355 days until Good Friday 2016 (Friday 25th March).

Why is this important?  Because, at midnight last night, British Airways made Avios redemption seats for Good Friday 2016 available.

If you want to lock in an Easter break for next year – and pay the current, cheaper Avios rates – you should book ASAP.

British Airways 350 2

Don’t make any rash decisions.  It will cost you £35 per person if you later choose to cancel your flights so booking something completely at random could prove expensive!

You can only book your outbound Good Friday flight today.  You would need to book your return flight later when it becomes available.  This incurs added risk, of course, since if you cannot book the return flight for some reason (perhaps someone beats you to the seats) you may have to cancel the outbound and pay the cancellation fee.

If you want to use a British Airways Premium Plus American Express 2-4-1 voucher, that is not a problem.  You can book a one-way outbound and then ring BA to add the inbound when it becomes available.  You will be charged the £35 per person change fee (and possibly a telephone booking fee) but the alternative is to risk losing the outbound seats.

Have a wander over to ba.com and see what you can find.

What is the best hotel scheme? - Hyatt Gold Passport - The Opinion
TRIPLE points on Club Carlson stays between April and June - a 50% rebate!

Comments

1. kevino says:

The point about adding a return later on 241 had never occurred to me

Doing it that way, does the return have to be the same route, or could I book LHR to DFW, and then return to LHR from ATL say?

2. slightly OT: Is anyone able to book (or at least look up) a redemption flight on Iberia? I’ve been trying for a week now and no luck at all…

3. OT. I have a 2-4-1 voucher that expires 28th September 2015, however I want to use it on 4th October 2015. Am i able to book outbound flights from Manchester on the 28th September & then have a ‘stopover’ in London for a week until the date that I actually want to fly?

4. Anthony says:

I don’t think this is covered above in the comments (apologies if so!). I have booked the outward leg of my BA/Amex 2-4-1 voucher to get the Good Friday departure next year. The return leg is planned for April 2016 and so the return dates will not come up on the BA system until May (after the new Avios rules come into play). Should I be booking any return leg before those rules come into force (and maybe get charged the fee) and then change them again (incurring another fee) to preserve the lower Avios miles needed? Or can I just book the return leg in the new Avios system and keep the old miles needed? Hope that makes sense!

• Good question. The return will definitely be priced at new rate. I would book before the 28th and move the date, assuming £70 of fee is cheaper than the extra Avios.

5. Waribai says:

Just a quick one. I know the 241 rules state that journeys must start in the UK but I distinctly remember using one last year online for my wife and child on a one way from TYO-LHR. Was the software awry at the time?

• Polly says:

That’s interesting, we all presume it must start in the UK on a BA metal. I wanted to use ours starting in dub for HNL but didn’t think it would work.

6. linda says:

Have just managed to book 2 x Club return for Vegas using my Lloyds Avios rewards voucher, for Easter weekend returning on the 28th March to UK. Sorted.

7. wyseman says:

Booked outbound using 2-4-1 this morning on phone and as mentioned above, the agent was very clued up to the process of booking the future inbound at a date currently beyond the window. Confirm paid £15 per person service charge and agent confirmed no charge for adding the inbound at a future date by phone.

• Did they mention if you had to speak to the UK call centre which opens at 6am to add the return? Or if phoning the US call centre at midnight would be possible?

They told me the other day only UK call centre can add the the return, but I see other people mention phoning bang on midnight to ensure the seats are booked.

8. I got up at 2am to book our return RFS flights for the Easter 2016 hols – I wanted to travel back on Saturday as opposed to Sunday.

Sure enough, the Saturday flights had all popped up x4 per flight and I got what we wanted.

Bearing in mind the 355 day rule (ie flights were not there yesterday), I guess they popped up at midnight or 1am.